Model Cars Magazine Forum

At Walmart (at least one store)

On 8/14/2021 at 9:20 AM, Classicgas said:

Was at Walmart yesterday.

at_wal11.jpg

They have the Grumpys Toy Vega, the 63 Nova wagon and got this for $19.95

at_wal10.jpg

Thanks for the update Lee, I will have to check mine to see what they have. Did you buy all three that you mentioned or just the Olds?

Looked again this past Thursday at Walmart. No kits. Heck.... they haven’t been restocking any grocery items in the last month. Why do I even bother wasting my time doing my grocery shopping at Walmart this past month when they have minimum staff working to restock essential groceries? Next week, I’m heading out to another Walmart or Hannafords. LOLOL !!

13 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Looked again this past Thursday at Walmart. No kits. Heck.... they haven’t been restocking any grocery items in the last month. Why do I even bother wasting my time doing my grocery shopping at Walmart this past month when they have minimum staff working to restock essential groceries? Next week, I’m heading out to another Walmart or Hannafords. LOLOL !!

So far I have only found them at one store out of three. So don't give up, someone has them out there. 

While grocery shopping, I decided to head over to the Toys department. Didn’t take me long to spot a cardboard display with the word “MODELS” on it. Looked they were picked over but... I grabbed the last Grumpy’s Vega kit. Not bad for $19.97. Some kits are priced at $24.97 though. They had some 6 pack cheapo generic “hobby paint set” with brush for $7.

For those in N.Y., now is the time to check your local Walmart stores.

• Like 1