Model Cars Magazine Forum

At Walmart (at least one store)

On 9/30/2021 at 10:14 AM, Classicgas said:

Rumour has it some are selling them for$10 each. I doubt it, but will check mine tomorrow.

Week before last, I bought 2 kits at Wal-Mart, priced at $24.97 each on the aisle display.Β  But when I checked out, the price was $19.97.Β  Instant $5 saving on each kit!

There was no mention of the discount on the aisle display, or anywhere else.Β  Didn't know about it until the self-checkout machine rang them up at $19.97.

Last week, the aisle display was gone.Β  The remaining kits were on an end cap in the Toy aisle.Β  Bought one and no discount - the price was $24.97.

Edited by Mike999

7 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Week before last, I bought 2 kits at Wal-Mart, priced at $24.97 each on the aisle display.Β  But when I checked out, the price was $19.97.Β  Instant $5 saving on each kit!

There was no mention of the discount on the aisle display, or anywhere else.Β  Didn't know about it until the self-checkout machine rang them up at $19.97.

Last week, the aisle display was gone.Β  The remaining kits were on an end cap in the Toy aisle.Β  Bought one and no discount - the price was $24.97.

Certain kits are priced at $24.95 - mostly the Semis and Coca Cola kits,Β the restΒ at $19.95. Therefore, you did not get a $5 instant savings.

The trike kits are $14.95 each.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 10:23 PM, BlackSheep214 said:

Check the Clearance aisle at your Walmart stores. All kits are now $7 each!!!! Even the Coca Cola kits!

Each store does their own clearance, so not everyone will have that same $7 price. Some stores are even just getting their initial pallet in. But I appreciate the heads up because I will be searching the clearance section more diligently now

Looking at the pics I have all they have. Except for the semi. So I'l not too interested and won't bother checking anymore. Same with Hobby Lobby. I have everything they have. So no more 40 mole trips. I liked the 40% off coupon because I could pick up something other than a kit.Β 

Β 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Looking at the pics I have all they have. Except for the semi. So I'l not too interested and won't bother checking anymore. Same with Hobby Lobby. I have everything they have. So no more 40 mole trips. I liked the 40% off coupon because I could pick up something other than a kit.Β 

Β 

Exactly. At least with the 40% coupon they would get money out of me for SOMETHING if I walked in the store and couldn't find a kit I wanted. Display case, can of paint, supplies, gift for someone else. now they get ZERO dollars from me if they don't have a kit I want. And theΒ way their variety has been stagnant the last year I'm struggling to even find a kit to buy.Β 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Exactly. At least with the 40% coupon they would get money out of me for SOMETHING if I walked in the store and couldn't find a kit I wanted. Display case, can of paint, supplies, gift for someone else. now they get ZERO dollars from me if they don't have a kit I want. And theΒ way their variety has been stagnant the last year I'm struggling to even find a kit to buy.Β 

I know. I agree.

Β 

4 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Exactly. At least with the 40% coupon they would get money out of me for SOMETHING if I walked in the store and couldn't find a kit I wanted. Display case, can of paint, supplies, gift for someone else. now they get ZERO dollars from me if they don't have a kit I want.

Yeah I don't think this was their intent when they said they would save the customers more money by getting rid of the coupon.

I used to do the same thing with Greenlights and Auto World 1/64's as the coupon took it down to the WM prices next door.

My local Walmart has them. Two weeks ago on a cardboard island and now they're on a shelf. I picked up the Popper Pinto and regretted it once I got home and opened it. πŸ˜‚ I might go back for the 69 Torino Cobra. We'll see. Or maybe I should just take up my buddy's offer to go to Dean's. Been too long since I built anything and I don't think the Pintos gonna spark the inspiration. πŸ˜‚

13 hours ago, Metalbeast said:

My local Walmart has them. Two weeks ago on a cardboard island and now they're on a shelf. I picked up the Popper Pinto and regretted it once I got home and opened it. πŸ˜‚ I might go back for the 69 Torino Cobra. We'll see. Or maybe I should just take up my buddy's offer to go to Dean's. Been too long since I built anything and I don't think the Pintos gonna spark the inspiration. πŸ˜‚

Can it be built stock?