Model Cars Magazine Forum

At Walmart (at least one store)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

The "car aisle" of my Walmart was almost COMPLETELY empty today! Empty shelves! Empty wall hooks! No Hot Wheels! No Hot Wheels sets! No diecasts! No Tonkas or RC cars! It looked like it had been hit by Toy Car Locusts! :blink:

Same here, and they never did get any models.

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

The "car aisle" of my Walmart was almost COMPLETELY empty today! Empty shelves! Empty wall hooks! No Hot Wheels! No Hot Wheels sets! No diecasts! No Tonkas or RC cars! It looked like it had been hit by Toy Car Locusts! :blink:

Yes. What's up with the die cast cars? Are they being sold on Facebook marketplace or eBay? I've never seen tat isle so bare. And for months.

7 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Yes. What's up with the die cast cars? Are they being sold on Facebook marketplace or eBay? I've never seen tat isle so bare. And for months.

Mine used to always have maybe 2-3 dozen diecasts on the shelf--Welly, M2 and Jada--and I probably bought one every two months or so. When covid started, the diecasts got scarcer and scarcer. You'd be lucky to see 2 or 3 new ones a month, most of those just color variations of stuff I already had. I don't think I bought a single diecast there in 2021. I think I bought a total of 8 diecasts at Rite-Aid or the local toy show this year, and then got 3 new ones last week from diecastmodelswholesale.com. 

• 3 weeks later...