Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pepsi Dodge Charger

Captain Spaulding

11 hours ago, Ceaser_Salad said:

What ideas?

Nothing too spectacular, just some detailing and trying to figure out the right decal combination to make it stand out.

4 hours ago, Vietnam Vet67 said:

Pepsi was Richard Petty's very first corporate sponsor in 1971.

IMG_3243.thumb.JPG.a041d435c742d81453cc7784b9df2b48.JPG

That's cool, never realized that Pepsi once sponsored the king.

12 hours ago, Captain Spaulding said:

Nothing too spectacular, just some detailing and trying to figure out the right decal combination to make it stand out.

That's cool, never realized that Pepsi once sponsored the king.

Are you going to use any gofer decals? From what I see, they have a lot of sponsor decals that could be used in addition to your Pepsi livery.

11 hours ago, Ceaser_Salad said:

Are you going to use any gofer decals? From what I see, they have a lot of sponsor decals that could be used in addition to your Pepsi livery.

I'm gonna put a few on besides the Pepsi one's, just have to look online and see what year the companies I've picked out were created.

48 minutes ago, Captain Spaulding said:

Got some of the chassis assembled and the wheels attached. Have had a few hiccups so far but nothing too major 

20210828_144212.jpg

Hey that looks pretty neat! I have to get myself one of these. I like the non branded tires, they are just a little different.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Captain Spaulding said:

After a crazy 7 months involving a move to a new home, a new job and a full size project car taking up my time I'm finally caught up and planning on resuming work on the Charger.

Need to dig it back out of the box, blow the dust off it and get back at it.

That's great. Looking forward to seeing more. I've started the Buddy Baker number 11 using the same kit. It was a Petty car driven by Baker. I don't have the correct colors, but going with something close enough.  The kit is great, a lot different from the old monogram NASCAR kits I was doing 30 years ago. 

13 hours ago, bluestringer said:

That's great. Looking forward to seeing more. I've started the Buddy Baker number 11 using the same kit. It was a Petty car driven by Baker. I don't have the correct colors, but going with something close enough.  The kit is great, a lot different from the old monogram NASCAR kits I was doing 30 years ago. 

I was checking out your build, looking good so far. It's definitely a well done kit and so many extras included.