Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question on display cases

Hey all. Hope everyone is safe. I've been looking at the dutch truck modelers fotki. I have seen pics of semi trucks with trailers in clear display cases. Anyone know where these can be found? I've found custom made ones, but they are north of $200 bucks. I'd like to avoid that if possible. Thanks for any help. BobbyT

Thanks all for your suggestions. I would like to use them all. My house  doesn't have enough space though. Too many model kits packed in plastic totes. That lawyer book case though,  hmmmmm. Stay safe everyone. BobbyT

Edited by bob terry

7 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

displaycase.jpg.8bfdb5624001b6fc135a7447f4a42ec5.jpg

Or an old China cabinet..  here's mine.  I added an extra shelf between each that came with the cabinet.  These are out there cheap to free!

Good suggestion on the China Cabinet. We had to give ours away because no one wants them anymore ( wasn't doing models then).

12 hours ago, EngineerBob said:

Good suggestion on the China Cabinet. We had to give ours away because no one wants them anymore ( wasn't doing models then).

Exactly!  I got this for free from a furniture consignment store. Someone bought the rest of the set, didn't want the cabinet.  It's seven feet tall, fortunately I have nine foot ceilings!   I paid them $50 to deliver it.  Paid $180 to add the glass shelves.  Monies well spent!

I also have an older and shorter China cabinet upstairs in the model room, another freebie!  It was left behind in a house my sister bought.

This is from Ikea. I think it was around $200. Has the option to add LED lights to the top of the case. This is what it originally looked like; I later had a couple of extra glass shelves made to display more models.

Bart

64769648_474999176596963_4945558659846373376_n.jpg.5d9cdf7ac9f3d1d3e6d4f4e9fdf93069.jpg