Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lexus LFA.

Silver Foxx

21 minutes ago, bbowser said:

I keep coming back to this one, very sharp build.  I didn't realize Lexus made such a sporty coupe!

The Lexus LFA was made 2011 to 2012 . It had a 4.8Litre V10 engine . Only made 500 , 10 came to Australia priced at $750,000 Australian dollars . A pretty rare car . In the Tamiya kit are two rear spoiler parts , up or down , they are held in place by 3 tiny rare earth magnets supplied in the kit . Thanks for the nice comments .

4 minutes ago, Silver Foxx said:

The Lexus LFA was made 2011 to 2012 . It had a 4.8Litre V10 engine . Only made 500 , 10 came to Australia priced at $750,000 Australian dollars . A pretty rare car . In the Tamiya kit are two rear spoiler parts , up or down , they are held in place by 3 tiny rare earth magnets supplied in the kit . Thanks for the nice comments .

… and it had a digital rev counter, because an analogue instrument couldn’t keep up with how fast that jewel of a V10 (developed with Yamaha) can build revs — idle to 9000 rpm in just over half a second…

best,

M.

Beautiful clean build of an unusual short-lived model from Lexus. I think The styling is pretty nice when compared with more recent Lexus models (ugliest front ends IMO since the Edsel). I’ve seen everything in the streets here in So. CA including Bugatti Veyrons and La Ferrari’s but I have yet to see one of these LFA’s in the flesh, they must be pretty rare. Thanks for sharing!

• 5 weeks later...