Model Cars Magazine Forum

As I wait on my other projects (firebird stripping and decals shipping) I decided to do some scratch building/kitbashing.

This is a version of a design seen in Star Trek Deep Space 9. I like the original design, but didn't have those parts, so I made my own. I have my own story for this ship though, and any trekkies on this site might enjoy that. If you have no idea what I am talking about, just appreciate it for the model building aspect 😆.

This ship is made by a band of ex-starfleet engineers who quit starfleet and fled federation. They saw the federation as a domineering society with no freedom to choose your own path, it was starfleet or nothing in their eyes. They sneaked into a graveyard and built their own ship that was warp capable, and disappeared into uncharted space. As this ship is owned by a separate entity, they scrubbed the hulls of any starfleet or federation livery, painting it in their own "freedom" colour scheme. (Which I have not decided on yet...)
The panels are "patch" panels, and the extended antennae are sensor arrays.

The second picture is of the original design, for those who do not know it.
The below picture is the sort of hull pattern I want to try. Credits to Christian Bode on Star Trek Online for the pattern.

jogiritter_6151__Bottom_gallery.jpg
Centaur class by temp890 on DeviantArt
IMG_4778.JPG
IMG_4778.JPG
IMG_4779.JPG
IMG_4780.JPG
IMG_4781.JPG
IMG_4782.JPG

Some ideas for a logo I want to put on the ship. I like the one on the bottom left, it looks like the "not equal" sign in mathematics, but using the delta shield instead of a slash.

IMG_4783.JPG
Edited by Ceaser_Salad

4 hours ago, bisc63 said:

I spy a Reliant "roll bar" there. Seriously, very cool, sleek design! Looks like they based off an Excelsior saucer, I'm thinking you inverted a TOS saucer? Looking cool either way.

Yep. I used a 1/1000 Reliant rollbar. The original is an excelsior bash, and I used a tos saucer, didn't invert it though.

Thanks for the comments!

3 hours ago, David G. said:

What a great concept. I can't wait to see what you do with this.

David G.

Thank you, I hope you enjoy the paintjob I did... it is a little bit different from most trek ships.