Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is my latest build, a Hatsune Miku bust by Bandai. For those who have never heard of this character, Miku is the personification of a software voicebank used in synthesizer programs, and is a very popular figure in Asian countries. The image is also used as the graphics for GoodSmile Racing's GT3 cars for several years (some of these cars, mainly the BMW Z4 GT3, are available from Fujimi). 

This kit was a limited run, which meant most of the pieces were molded in metallic shades. I decided to keep the metallic look, and broke out the paint box! The clothing was painted with Tamiya lacquers, with acrylic from Vallejo and Mission Models used for details. The hair is a combination of House of Kolor Orion Silver as a basecoat, LMG Aqua Metallic Ultrabase, HoK Kandy Teal, and a topcoat of TS-65 Pearl Clear. The pictures don't do it justice, but the effect is brilliant (in light, it almost looks like the old Spectraflame finish you used to find on Hot Wheels). 

It was a fun project to build, and when I finally get around to decalling my Fujimi BMW's, I will have a centerpiece ready to go.

IMG_1307.JPG

IMG_1308.JPG

IMG_1303.JPG

IMG_1305.JPG