Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 427 Shelby Cobra

cobraman

Thanks most of you : ) (joke ) Tires are thin but that's what i had and wanted to use.  Rex, I am about two builds away from starting that 1/12 Mustang kit you know I have . I am thinking yellow cuz I like the look of yours. What year do you say the kit is, 72 or 73 ? Thanks

1 hour ago, vamach1 said:

Beautiful color Ray.  I hope to get back to building this fall - moving to the Sunshine state in a few weeks.

Good luck with your move from Virginia. Lots of folks got to Florida. My daughter lives in Sterling Virginia and i think she would rather be somewhere else. But . her husband is a agent with the Secret Service and they moved him there because he works in DC now.

4 hours ago, cobraman said:

Thanks most of you : ) (joke ) Tires are thin but that's what i had and wanted to use.  Rex, I am about two builds away from starting that 1/12 Mustang kit you know I have . I am thinking yellow cuz I like the look of yours. What year do you say the kit is, 72 or 73 ? Thanks

It’s a 71 because it has the 429 but the 72 body is identical.  The 73 had a completely different grille and bumper and stripes.

3 hours ago, cobraman said:

Good luck with your move from Virginia. Lots of folks got to Florida. My daughter lives in Sterling Virginia and i think she would rather be somewhere else. But . her husband is a agent with the Secret Service and they moved him there because he works in DC now.

Thanks.  My wife was at the WH for 1.5 years a few years ago and applied for a job in South Florida so we are packing up and leaving the high taxes and cold winters.  I hope to meet some modelers down there and of course will keep in touch via the forum.

Thanks fellows very much. I know some of my Cobra builds, let say may be a bit unusual but that is due to the fact that I have north of 750 Cobra's in different materials. You can only have so many blue with white stripes or red with white stripes ect. I need some in my display cases that are not the same old same old.