Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Mercury Marauder

bogger44

This is a project I've been wanting to build for a long time, and finally got around to it.  Recently finished this weekend, I may still add a side mirror down the road if I come across one I like.  First thing I did was ditch the promo-style chassis in favor of the chassis & drivetrain from the AMT '60 Starliner.  I fit pretty well, with just some minor trimming and adjustments needed.  I used some parts box leaf springs and front spindles to raise it up some for that cool street machine stance from back in the day.  Competition Resins Teardrop, AMT parts pack mags & tires.  There's numerous other parts box pieces sprinkled around as well, exhaust, shocks, traction bars, tach, shifter & console.  For the interior I did cut out the floor from the Marauder tub and used the Starliner's floor.  Those long chrome strips along the fendertops really gave me grief and I'm not real happy with them but I can accept them as they are.  Paints are Duplicolor Polar White and for the interior it's Rustoleum Regal Red.  Thanks for taking a gander and any comments/questions.

2v2awivPWxAKN8F.jpg

2v2awiuERxAKN8F.jpg

2v2awivgqxAKN8F.jpg

2v2awiub4xAKN8F.jpg

2v2awiUyqxAKN8F.jpg

2v2awi9mWxAKN8F.jpg

2v2awi9KgxAKN8F.jpg

2v2awiUTgxAKN8F.jpg

2v2awi9nGxAKN8F.jpg

2v2awiUUFxAKN8F.jpg

2v2awiu2dxAKN8F.jpg

2v2awivdWxAKN8F.jpg