Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Mercury Marauder

bogger44

Very nice job merging the AMT ‘60 Starliner chassis & engine to this old tooled Merc. This car looks good in white & red with the jacked up chassis and teardrop hood.  As much as I like the fastback ‘63-64 Ford Galaxies, I think this Maurader has even nicer styling. Beautiful super neat build!

Whew! If Gramdma finds out what you've done with her Mercury, I don't think the back of the barn will still be standing! A friend gave me the same kit a few years back to do a Nascar version......I see that "patience " has it virtues..lol!

Now I want to build one. Great job and for thinking "outside" the box. Love em when they stand n go!

Hey thanks again for all the love guys.

On 8/26/2021 at 10:27 PM, papajohn97 said:

Very nice job merging the AMT ‘60 Starliner chassis & engine to this old tooled Merc. This car looks good in white & red with the jacked up chassis and teardrop hood.  As much as I like the fastback ‘63-64 Ford Galaxies, I think this Maurader has even nicer styling. Beautiful super neat build!

Thanks, combining the two kits was pretty easy, thankfully hahaha.  I kinda think the same on styling too.  I love the Galaxies, but these Merc's really come to life when hot rodded up.

On 8/27/2021 at 7:08 PM, Venom said:

Wow! I absolutely love it. Looks so good!.... White was a great color choice👍

Thanks Josh.  Going into the build I was torn on colors, it was going to be either this or a gold on gold combo.  Think it would have looked sharp that way too.