Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy II Gasser!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 7:05 PM, Dave Metzner said:

Here, is the New Moebius 1965 Chevy II Gasser. This is a third test shot. as of this date there is no box art, only the very start of an instruction sheet and no decal sheet. There are a few minor items to be revised before production..... BUT this is a good idea of how the finished model will look.. My best GUESS is store shelves before the end of the year..

DSC00643.thumb.JPG.f07ab2a7b448e0f43182a07b58aac23f.JPG

DSC00645.JPG

DSC00649.JPG

DSC00650.JPG

Dave, Does this mean that the 1964 Chevy II will arrive with this 1965 at the same time?

10 hours ago, Bob Ellis said:

Dave, Does this mean that the 1964 Chevy II will arrive with this 1965 at the same time?

Actually the factory stock 1964 Chevy II kit will arrive in stores ahead of the 1965 Chevy II 100 Sedan Gasser kit, from what I understand.....TIM 

With being a being in a building slump for over 2 years and health issues getting worse, and my stash of un built kits being large enough already, guess I'll have to pass on these upcoming Chevy kits using my better judgement. However it does look like those kits will be pretty popular on the display tables at club meetings, swap meets, and model car contests as well. Enjoy!

2 hours ago, Classicgas said:

65-69, any of them. And a truly accurate 70. Revell has missed the mark on every one they did.

While I know there are many who disagree with me, the latest Revell 'cuda kit series are, overall, the best yet to be scaled in 1/25th.  The biggest issues with the kit, some body shape and proportion errors, are relatively easy to address without advanced modeling techniques.   See the 1970 'cuda AAR article in the recent Kalmbach "Muscle Cars, Resto-Mods, and Pro-Touring" special issue for the how-to....TIM