Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy II Gasser!!!!!!

They're all the same to me.  :-P

I've had similar conversations in my model club meetings.  Most members seem enthusiastic about muscle cars, pony cars, etc., while just a few of us would rather have a nice kit of a Lincoln Zephyr coupe or other Classic.

As far as Moebius goes, I've been hoping they'd develop the Pontiac line to other body styles.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bugged out headlights are part of the 65s styling and quad-box taillights also identify it as 1965.

And as far as the sedan roof goes, it looks like it was available that year too.

originals-4.jpg.abb488369f09cc823478dd9f2cae323e.jpg

Doug Thorley's "Chevy 2 Much" was a 64 and has a different grille, taillights, back window and altered wheelbase, so this kit can't recreate that car.

photoimages.jpg.37404e76ac9bc73c187be7803adaef35.jpg

sites-7.jpg.6d50b13e7633c1ead16c09b82a5f863c.jpg

sites-8.jpg.cc464fcf033889aaedc1236d3da9bab5.jpg

Edited by Oldcarfan27

OK, so, her's the revised body - side windows are taller now - the vertical openings were about 2mm too small - that would translate to about 2 inches at full size!

Not a lot, but still noticable!

I'll have this example on the table at the DAAM show on Sunday along with the painted build up with the earlier test shot body

DSC01012.thumb.JPG.31c931ad81c82e24ced1a701be077c6f.JPGDSC01016.thumb.JPG.c58eb67eb294d9f52b53761da11f1e97.JPG

Edited by Dave Metzner
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Dave Metzner said:

OK, so, her's the revised body - side windows are taller now - the vertical openings were about 2mm too small - that would translate to about 2 inches at full size!

Not a lot, but still noticable!

Mr Metzner, thank you to you and your team for taking the extra steps to take this promising kit from good to great. 

I was in for one, but now it will be multiple.

Thank you

Wow, at this stage in the game I would never have expected a body correction. This is awesome! I never said anything about the window height being short when everyone else was frothing at the mouth, it wasn’t gonna keep me from buying and building one so I stayed out of it. But, I could definitely see it and was prepared to help it using Tim Boyd’s suggestion. Now I won’t have to!

Big applause to you for stepping up and correcting it. You just guaranteed a TON more sales. 

Big thank you Dave to you and your team for this fix - latest body mold shot looks fantastic!!!! A mold mod like this is not trivial, so impressed that you listened to your customers and addressed it. Definitely getting 2-3 of these kits when they are available. Any word yet on what decals will be provided?