Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Floyd - Which One's Pink?

afx

Cool! ... Just saw this. I like Pink Floyd. I actually think that “The Wall” is the greatest rock masterpiece ever created to date even though it is not my favorite album. “Wish You Were Here” might be my favorite. Two of my favorite songs, however, are “One of These Days” and “Another Brick in the Wall”, and I remember the first time I watched the movie “The Wall” I felt forever changed, and not necessarily in a good way ... it was really deep for me.

Anyway, here’s a cool shred that I found some time back....   Her name is Tina S.

Edited by Venom

9 hours ago, DPNM said:

Pittsburgh radio station spoof. Hope you like it.

Was born and raised in SW PA,  DVE was the station!  Fondly remember listening to the Jimmy & Steve morning show back in the day.

30 minutes ago, afx said:

Interesting! I was heavily immersed in all things Bowie in 1973 and dutifully bought Pinups, played it once, and didn't care for it at all. I think the only song on the whole album I played more than once was "I Can't Explain." I'll have to give this another listen. 

He did redeem himself with me with Diamond Dogs, though. B)

Love the Floyd

Dark Side of the Moon ('73) was pivotal for me back in '76, at 14 it was the most mesmerizing change in anything I'd ever heard..

after I'd heard it, I sought out all things Floyd and Gilmore..and headed down a rabbit hole ...Piper at the gates of dawn, Umma Gumma, saucerful of secrets, Meddle...led to Jethro and King Crimson, Mike Oldfield (whoa),  and speaking of Bowie

meet Ziggy

20210720_180950.thumb.jpg.4b532daae593e31177aee3cc22e1359a.jpg

Take Care all

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

How many amongst us have watched Tonight Let's All Make Love In London  ? It's a documentary featuring The 14 Hour Technicolor Dream [sic] from 1966 . 

Edited by afx
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting that , @afx.  I wouldn't be all together surprised if the mods (no pun intended) delete the video for "two" obvious reasons ( haha ) . 

That event is regarded as the very first 'Rave' ( gathering , et al. -- from 'Rave-Up !' ) , and it featured quite a few non-participating celebrities  ( The Moody Blues , Yoko Ono --the event where she and Lennon met-- ,  Lennon  , Mc Cartney , etc. ) .

The Pink Floyd Sound play Interstellar Overdrive  and  Nick's Boogie    during their performance .

ADDENDUM :

I got my timelines mixed around . I had a bootleg copy of various Pink Floyd performances from 1965-1968 ; it was peppered with snippets of "Tonight..." and EMI Studios recordings / noodling , in a non seq. format .  

Edited by 1972coronet

35 minutes ago, TonyK said:

That girl on the guitar is unreal. How can anyone be that talented? I watched her play Eruption from Eddie Van Halen fame and was mesmerized.

Yeah she’s the best ... I never get tired watching and listening to her play.

This is the song that changed me. It was the lines:

The paper holds their folded faces to the floor

and every day the paperboy brings more.

This was the first "visual" that I ever got out a song's lyrics. I knew what it was saying, at least to me. I started listening to lyrics and PF has some of the best. My second favorite band is Metallica for the same reason, the lyrics. And they both make great music:D.

And I love their use of female background vocals in their songs.

Edited by DPNM

15 hours ago, DPNM said:

This is the song that changed me. It was the lines:

The paper holds their folded faces to the floor

and every day the paperboy brings more.

This was the first "visual" that I ever got out a song's lyrics. I knew what it was saying, at least to me. I started listening to lyrics and PF has some of the best. My second favorite band is Metallica for the same reason, the lyrics. And they both make great music:D.

Very interesting! 

I have a somewhat similar story. I've heard the song "Eclipse" hundred if not thousands of times over the years but never really paid all that much attention to the lyrics. Just a couple years ago it came on the radio in the car and for some reason, for the very first time I actually heard the very last line and it absolutely blew my mind! :blink::blink::blink: