Model Cars Magazine Forum

custom 73 dodge charger 340

michelle

this took me a while to restore  the body  had the whole trunk area removed the grille was broken in two and the bumper guards were either cut away or broken away  the front glass was missing and so were the taillights there was no engine no wheels and tires no dash or stearing wheel or front seats or shifter  and the support piece the rear of the hood sits on was broken away 
i ended up useing a trunk area from a broken 71 charger body  along with the support peice which was more detialed with windshield wipers and vents  i repaired the grille and filled in the gaps were the bumper guards were  and the tail lights are resin replacements from harts parts resin i also added a trunk spoiler and chin spoiler and some tinted headlights from my parts boxes 
the dash was a cut down monogram 71 gtx dash  which i removed the gtx letters and the stearing wheel ,shifter ,seats and the 340 four barrel engine and rims and tires all came from my  parts boxs 
i painted the body  rust-oleum  metallic line  raceing green metallic 
the interior i painted apple barrel matte acrylic paint marsh green  by hand with paint brush  

IMG_3460.JPG

IMG_3461.JPG

IMG_3462.JPG

IMG_3464.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

IMG_3468.JPG

IMG_3470.JPG

IMG_3471.JPG

IMG_3472.JPG

IMG_3473.JPG

IMG_3475.JPG

Edited by michelle