Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Ford Mustang

bluestringer

Calling it done, warts and all. It seems I am going backwards with my builds after getting back in the hobby a few months ago. This is my fifth build and after the 71 Cuda, which I thought turned out good, my last two builds have been a mess. I guess maybe I'm rushing things again, need to slow down. I messed up the paint by trying to put on a good gloss coat of clear (rustoleum 2x clear), it started running and pooling. Some things just didn't fit right with the kit, I was not going for the hurst mustang that the kit is about but only wanted a fastback in blue like my wife's first car she owned. She's fine with the way it turned out, so I'm guess I'm good with it. 

This was put in WIP by mistake, can someone remove it from there. Thanks.

_IGP9970.jpg

_IGP9971.jpg

2 hours ago, Zippi said:

It looks pretty kewl James.  Nicely done.  I need to pick this kit up the next time I'm at HL.

Thanks Bob. It is a nice kit, I should have done better with it. There is the option of doing the side windows or louvers. I kinda wish I had done the louvers. Maybe I'll pickup another one later and try it again.