Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shizuoka Fall 2021

BVC500

1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

I do think the C8 would be a perfect fit for Tamiya, but having never done a GM product (other than Vauxhall or Opel DTM cars) I'm not sure they would start now. Although, I think I read that they did re-issue one of the Opel kits as an RC car this year. 

Hmm...

I believe that they would need to get a licensing agreement from Stellantis now if they were to reissue Opel/Vauxhall models. PSA bought Opel/Vauxhall from GM and now PSA is part of Stellantis.

• Like 2

All will be answered in the next 10-14 days as these kits will be Nov/Dec releases and Aoshima already announced their November kits at the beginning of this month and Hasegawa (with that new tool RX-7) announced for October this month. So I'd expect of all of the pre-orders to be up by the first full Friday of September (10th).

Aoshima still hasn't announced a date on that LB Aventador V1, so that will probably be on the slate.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, vintagerpm said:

Ahh, an older one. Not an FJ40, but I found an FJ44

https://www.italeri.com/en/product/2957

Sure, built that kit as a kid back in the '80s, the Kenia Safari version, still have it somewhere.

The reason I wondered is, that it's an iconic Japanese vehicle, one  that became a serious competitor for Land Rover & Jeep in the off road segment of the automotive biz, no more no less.....

The FJ-44 is the only Vehicle I'd really like to to see, Tamiya or Hasegawa really do.

Pull out all the stops and do something that compares to the Revell Land Rover.

The only other thing would be a Toyota Sienna Minivan, but only because I drive one.

(2014, please)

Two Tamiya 1/24 items for the "Fall", both December releases.

Reissue of the 1983 300ZX, not sure when this was in the catalog last, but it's been awhile. Makes sense, much like all the Supra reissues when the new one was done. The 350Z "Track" was reissued a few days ago, all to coincide with the 240ZG kit.

10100342b.jpg.bd889842ab3e5f00e502e58f70e4f2e4.jpg

New tool will be the 2022 Toyota GR 86, the Gazoo Racing tweaked New Gen Toyota 86. No photos of the item yet, will be interesting to see if it's a straight curbside, or wonky engine insert like the first 86 kit was...also whether this one will be both LHD/RHD or only JDM like the first one.

Edited by niteowl7710
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Alright -

Gift horses 'n all, but there's the matter of one more Z a little conspicuous by its absence as the 1:1 breaks cover. Spring, maybe?

Seems inevitable...

Well, they’ve virtually done every other Z car. I dare say you’re right about the new Z.

Ben

Aoshima has an Aventador S added to their 1/32 Snap kit line, but no news on the 1/24 front for December- just more reissues. I suppose it's looking a gift horse in the mouth to be "disappointed" with the 2nd LB Huracan, new tool 2000GT and Zonda releasing in the next 60 days. To that end have some final test shots of the Zonda engine and chassis. Tooling is done and has arrived, so it's just a matter of running some pellets.

20210906_081145.thumb.jpg.3eeb827b91e3e8cab5fa4bce0721af7d.jpg

20210906_081153.thumb.jpg.a0eab29034cc3762918aa96b25b57841.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/27/2021 at 9:33 AM, vintagerpm said:

Ahh, an older one. Not an FJ40, but I found an FJ44

https://www.italeri.com/en/product/2957

For those who might not know:  that's the old ESCI kit, dating from about 1983.  Curbside with no engine, but a detailed chassis and very well done body, with all the emblems etc. 

The worst thing about it is the sparse interior.  There's no firewall and no pedals. That won't matter much if you're using one of the tops.  But if you're building it open with no doors, it's pretty obvious.   

30 minutes ago, dbostream said:

I assume none of these will have a proper engine?

Aside from the 2000GT which has a phenomenal resin engine and engine bay. We had the road car version in at my shop and it is genuinely jaw dropping stuff. Was almost a little hurt to see it go home with a customer. lol

It's going to be fantastic to have a new MR2 to put on the shelf and the Daytona version of the RX-7 will be an easy sell alongside the road version. Hasegawa just keeps going with the good stuff.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Justin Porter said:

Aside from the 2000GT which has a phenomenal resin engine and engine bay. We had the road car version in at my shop and it is genuinely jaw dropping stuff. Was almost a little hurt to see it go home with a customer. lol

It's going to be fantastic to have a new MR2 to put on the shelf and the Daytona version of the RX-7 will be an easy sell alongside the road version. Hasegawa just keeps going with the good stuff.  

Most of their kits are not my cup of tea but I do like the 2000GT with the engine but unfortunately it is too expensive for me. The MR2 looks interesting too I hope they include a dashboard for both left-hand and right-hand drive.

33 minutes ago, MPi-KM said:

Just the top of the engine for some reason. Unless they're molding the vents open.

Maybe not much of the engine is visible anyway when you flip the car over? The top part looks a bit strange on that photo though but hard to tell how good it will look when it is not a painted model. Guess we will have to wait and see.