Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shizuoka Fall 2021

BVC500

There's not a whole lot to look at on either end to be honest, they really crammed it in there to get that midship engine placement.  I suspect the CAD rendering looks odd because the kit will come with the Supercharger "T-Bar" roof as the standard build out, but include the full roof, A/T, and N/A hood options.  The CAD seems to reflect the intercooler, but I wonder if that's separate part for folks going the base model A/T N/A version.

1989-AW11-Toyota-MR2-Supercharged-03.jpg.e279748159b2c36a8ea024e8192cde6a.jpg

9 minutes ago, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Speaking of - ain't tellin' ya, now, Hasegawa, I'm just sayin'...

Oh believe me I hope so, the only reason I don't have a Piazza in my Stash is the heap of 80s toy based drek I'd have to buy from Fujimi to get one.  In fairness Fujimi's 117 isn't the worst thing ever, it's probably getting close to 20 years old now, but you just figure Hasegawa's will be better, with more pieces that matter, and the differences between the variants will be more than wheels and some decals.

• Like 1

Interesting that Hasegawa is giving away the solid roof and the NA engine cover as "gift parts" for the MR-2.  That makes for at least 2 SP versions they are not going to sell.  Other than the early model there aren't that many variations they can get out of the mold, they must be really confident on the sales potential of this kit.  Hopefully they would see fit to kit the SW20 as well if the AW11 turns out to be a hit.

As for the 117, they nailed the half polished/half burnished stainless window trims perfectly in their test builds.  I wonder if that will make it to the production kits as well, that would be tricky to produce.  I would expect the Bellett to follow down the road, the chassis is the same and there are a few notable racing liveries in addition to the numerous different grades that can be made.

The Piazza would be nice, and fit their one basic mold, at least 5 variations philosophy perfectly.  Just on top of my mind there are the pre-MC, post-MC, Nero, Irmscher and Handling by Lotus versions.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2021 at 6:41 PM, 64Comet404 said:

I would love to see a C8 Corvette be introduced, along with the recent 911 GT3 car and some other racers. I keep hoping Tamiya will go back and revisit their vintage sports car line, now that the 300SL and Fairlady are in the line-up. A Volvo P1800E, Saab 850 Monte Carlo, or a Mk.I Lotus-Cortina would be welcome.

Especially the Lotus Cortina (Jim Clark or Alan Mann/John Whitmore) would be great, or an Aston Martin DB5/DB6/DBS -

what about an Abarth 1000 TCR (it was available from Tamiya as an R/C car) - the Gunze version leaves a lot to be desired!

3 hours ago, 1959scudetto said:

Especially the Lotus Cortina (Jim Clark or Alan Mann/John Whitmore) would be great, or an Aston Martin DB5/DB6/DBS -

what about an Abarth 1000 TCR (it was available from Tamiya as an R/C car) - the Gunze version leaves a lot to be desired!

Tamiya also had the NSU TT 1000 in their R/C line, need to get these into the 1:24 kit line.

Tamiya releasing photos and detailed information about the upcoming Toyota GR 86. As I figured (since some of this kit can be recycled from the original 86 kit) it appears to be RHD JDM only as the engine bay is not set up in a way to reverse the battery and brake cylinder.

https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/24361/index.htm

Screenshot_20210915-121542_Messenger.jpg.957b5972cea127a36f64f2617a5128e9.jpg

Also breaking covered today along with a 1/35 M18 Hellcat Tank Destroyer is the sister kit, which I had kinda wondered where it wandered off to...so kit 24362 is the 2022 Subaru BRZ

Screenshot_20210915-121513_Messenger.jpg.31a2b8938298d4248ed1c09eddc60e8d.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 10:28 AM, fumi said:

As for the 117, they nailed the half polished/half burnished stainless window trims perfectly in their test builds.  I wonder if that will make it to the production kits as well, that would be tricky to produce.  I would expect the Bellett to follow down the road, the chassis is the same and there are a few notable racing liveries in addition to the numerous different grades that can be made.

Based on the photo of bare body, that finish seems like a mask & paint job. Anything from Tamiya or Mr Color's aluminum/stainless steel/chrome would produce very similar result.