Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2 to goes live Sept 2 1:00 pm Pacific

Mr mopar

I did some quick screen captures of what was presented.  This is coming oon.  There are several references to items in the loop but no specifics other than a movie car and two current showroom vehicles (let the speculations begin).

Yes, the MPC Californian is being reissued.  
Already discussed 63 Chevy 2 Nova Wagon with details is coming soon
Remake of Ghostbusters Cadillac into a Surf Caddy
Working parts Trash Truck announced

Screenshot 2021-09-02 132209.jpg

Screenshot 2021-09-02 132247.jpg

Screenshot 2021-09-02 132226.jpg

Screenshot 2021-09-02 132236.jpg

Screenshot 2021-09-02 132257.jpg

Screenshot 2021-09-02 132307.jpg

Edited by Exotics_Builder

For speculation on new tools of current subjects, a Mustang Mach 1 and Bronco would be nice.  Or a C8 and Shelby GT500.  Or a Mustang Mach-E and a Tesla Model S for really modern subjects. 

For the TV/movie car that hadn’t been done, the Blues Brothers Monaco would be great.  Maybe the Eleanor Shelby if Round 2 could secure the licensing. I could see that derived from their existing ‘67 Shelby tooling.

For a more recent TV/movie subject, can’t come up with anything.  I assume it won’t be another Fast & Furious subject, since Revell has been doing them recently.  

Edited by Rob Hall

2 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

For speculation on new tools of current subjects, a Mustang Mach 1 and Bronco would be nice.  Or a C8 and Shelby GT500.  Or a Mustang Mach-E and a Tesla Model S for really modern subjects. 

For the TV/movie car that hadn’t been done, the Blues Brothers Monaco would be great.  Maybe the Eleanor Shelby if Round 2 could secure the licensing. I could see that derived from their existing ‘67 Shelby tooling.

For a more recent TV/movie subject, can’t come up with anything.  I assume it won’t be another Fast & Furious subject, since Revell has been doing them recently.  

Not that I am into movie cars that much, but your suggestions sound good.  Only other ones that come to mind are the John Wick cars (Mustang and Chevelle)?  I was thinking the C8 and Shelby GT500 myself.  Although the Mustang/Bronco would be with one manufacturer

• Like 1

Just now, Exotics_Builder said:

Not that I am into movie cars that much, but your suggestions sound good.  Only other ones that come to mind are the John Wick cars (Mustang and Chevelle)?  I was thinking the C8 and Shelby GT500 myself.  Although the Mustang/Bronco would be with one manufacturer

My vote would be the Bronco and the 2021 Raptor....not so much from personal preference (although the idea of building a new Bronco sounds very cool to me),  but from the perspective of what would be the best sellers in today's market.....TB 

• Like 1

Hey, I remember back when people wondered what Round 2 would do when they ran out of easy to fix tools...  

Dig deep and make a major investment in the tougher ones!  And that's just what they're doing!

Californian resto of the old tool is neat. 

59 Caddy ambulance surf wagon is creative.  He said they are working on a full stock ambulance from it too!

62 Chevy Nova wagon with 2 engines and trailer is nothing to complain about either!

And the Garwood garbage truck is super cool!  Talk about rewriting history!   

TV and Movie car that's missing... this should be fun!  

I cannot fault them.  Play on!

Let the whining begin!   

Edited by Tom Geiger
  • Like 5

I'm running right now and don't have time to study this, but how does the new Garbage Truck imagery in today's program compare to the original AMT Garwood 1/10th scale wood master image as shown by ex-AMT employee Tim Rice several years ago and depicted in this image below? 

DSC 0729

More images of the original here....TIM  

36 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

I'm running right now and don't have time to study this, but how does the new Garbage Truck imagery in today's program compare to the original AMT Garwood 1/10th scale wood master image as shown by ex-AMT employee Tim Rice several years ago and depicted in this image below? 

DSC 0729

More images of the original here....TIM  

It was mentioned in the video that Round 2 was unable to acquire the wood master so this is apparently new tooling from scratch.  

1 hour ago, Vince Nemanic said:

Any guesses bout the "glaringly missing" TV/Movie car? My guess is the Norm Grabowski "Kookie Car" from 77 Sunset Strip. I have no onside information, just a blind guess.

Bluesmobile is my guess. I agree, it is glaringly absent in 1/25 scale. Here’s hoping! 

• Like 1