Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2 to goes live Sept 2 1:00 pm Pacific

Mr mopar

I realize we're not all professionals when it comes to making a video but I just got done watching and was a bit embarrassed for these guys.

A few cars were mentioned above for possible releases. Jimmy Flintstone has a Deathmobile, I think Fujimi has the Mad Max Interceptor, and there was a 1/32nd scale Green Hornet. I want a proper Bluesmobile for sure!

Just now, niteowl7710 said:

Well to be fair I'd prefer Round2 not invoke the Holocaust and Concentration Camps in media to advertise their products the way AK Interactive did...so maybe not so cutting edge as they have been.

AK's concept of a diorama book focused on darker events in human history may have been promoted a bit wrong-headed, but it was certainly a solid concept. There are also coffee table books of photography plates covering the Khmer Rouge and fine art paintings hung in galleries depicting the acts of Robespierre. Modeling is just as adept an artistic medium for capturing these moments in time as the others. I actually appreciate AK's attempt - however misguided - to elevate the medium.  

• Like 1

Well, Round 2 said the new kit was going to be BIG... that means a truck to me.  So I'm hoping for something like the truck from Fast and Furious (pick a number)  it would be more contemporary and more exciting for a lot more people. I know I'm going to get shot down for why it can't be done but what the heck, might as well think big.

Another vote for the "proposed-online" 1974 Dodge Monaco 'A38'  / Bluesmobile et al. !

Along with the big block --which could represent either the 400 or the 440 in 1/25th scale  , a 360 could be included ; the 727 auto trans would -- in 1/25th scale -- attach to either engine series .

Differential could be the Chrysler 9.25" rear ( resembles a Dana 44 ) .

Include an optional aftermarket 8 track player to cram-into the A/C vents , plus a Sam & Dave Greatest Hits cartridge , and some litter for the dashboard ( empty pack of Marlboro Reds , etc. ) , and it'd be perfect . 

Now , how about a 1/25 scale version of the Dixie Square Mall as well ? 

bluesbrothersbluesmobileBRIDGE.jpg.0636461beee740b88dec3f16363d20e8.jpgDixie_Square_Directory.jpg.a923515561525587f17c94eb589278da.jpgblues-brothers-lower-waker.jpg.3d1d2884bf15d2c1d2cc117f092200bf.jpg

• Like 1

I try not to complain much, but that unveiling video was actually painful to watch. Low resolution, poor lighting, it reminded me of a Dr. Steve Brule episode. Aside from the garbage truck, everything else was pretty much public knowledge. A disappointment.

• Like 3

On 9/3/2021 at 2:05 AM, tim boyd said:

That's not actually entirely correct, as Round 2 personnel did have several discussions with Mr. Rice about acquiring or borrowing the 1/10th scale masters.  Last I heard, which was probably a year ago or longer, they had not been able to settle on a mutually agreeable proposal.  Which is why I was surprised to see news of the new product. 

So, I will presume the "start from scratch" approach is indeed what is happening.    

Thx all for the update....TIM 

In this age of 3d CAD designing, it makes much more sense to start from scratch and make it in CAD.

On 9/3/2021 at 11:25 AM, Justin Porter said:

Without a doubt. Round 2 had an opportunity to do a proper product rollout here but all they managed to do was restate product news that was already out among the public. Couple that with a lack of any sort of production or presentation (their camera couldn't even focus ON fine details to demonstrate the quality of engraved detail on the Razor Crest test shot) and it's absurd. Compare it to AK Interactive's channel for their products and you'll see just how miserably behind the times Round 2 really is.

Can we just call the presentation folksy and leave it at that? This isn’t a big company at all, and the fact that they come off as one of us is cool.  It lets you know that we’re getting neat products from real model guys instead of some faceless corporation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Muncie said:

sounds good to me, I'd rather have then making model cars than polishing presentations.

Indeed, but if I may offer one suggestion, have two presenters, one a car guy one a SF guy, so that both with enthusiasm can announce the products they're into.

Cuz enthusiasm rubs off onto the fan base.....and kinda make them feel like involved, like "they're" doing it all for them ;)

Edited by Luc Janssens
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

Indeed, but if I may offer one suggestion, have two presenters, one a car guy one a SF guy, so that both with enthusiasm can announce the products they're into.

Cuz enthusiasm rubs off onto the fan base.....and kinda make them feel like involved, like "they're" doing it all for them ;)

Yeah. I kinda thought they needed to ship a pulse to that SciFiGuy.  Did he fall asleep a couple of times in the middle of his "pitch"?

3 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

I do agree with Luc as I usually do!  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gloozalot said:

Shucks, I vote for Walter White's Pontiac Aztek or any other Heisenberg driven auto.  The Blues Bros. car is ok but it should come with a half a pack of Lucky's.

It would be nice but I don’t know if the Aztek would sell enough.  I would buy 2..

7 hours ago, Smoke Wagon said:

Round 2 threw in a resin Joker figure with the last reissue of the Joker getaway car. Maybe if they decide to do the Bluesmobile they could throw in a figure of Carrie Fisher holding a rocket launcher. 🤣

Carrie Fisher with her rocket launcher?? Then we would need a '77 Pontiac Grand Prix for the diorama! LoL

• Haha 1