Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2 to goes live Sept 2 1:00 pm Pacific

Mr mopar

On 9/4/2021 at 2:55 PM, Tom Geiger said:

Can we just call the presentation folksy and leave it at that?

As Round2's Marketing Manager, Chad Reid should at least be prepared for any public presentation, and he wasn't. That's unprofessional, and could have been prevented with a few minutes of Google searching. The history on the Californian kit is not that difficult to find, and admitting, live, you know nothing about one of your company's soon-to-be-released products is not a good look. If you want to call that "folksy", fine, I guess, but I'd rather see a prepared, professional presentation any day, everyday. Round2 isn't some cottage company operating on two weekends every month, putting out product when they feel like it. They have almost 40 employees according to their own webpage, so the days of six die-hard models builders forming a company and working out of their garage do not apply to Round2: https://www.round2corp.com/meet-the-team/

While I doubt the livestream will have much impact either way in terms of sales of the two automotive kits presented and discussed, they could have done much better, and that's why people are disappointed. Clear and well lit video, and prepared and knowledgeable presenters would have helped immensely. Anything a company puts forth into the public view reflects upon that company, and this wasn't a great effort. Hopefully, they do better next time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

I'd rather see an amateur video followed by GREAT products , than a slick-slade video followed by subpar junk . 

It's just really hard to take seriously a company that puts out amateur videos... if I wasn't familiar w/ Round 2's products already, I'd be wary. 

This was recently posted on Round 2's corporate website....

ROUND 2 AND THE BLUES BROTHERS TEAM UP… ON A MISSION FROM GOD! | Round2 (round2corp.com)

The idea of a 1/25th scale 1974 Monaco kit ranks right up there in my personal log of the unlikelihood along with such ideas as a modern day, full detail 1/25th scale 1958 Edsel or an early 1950's Hudson kits....oh wait..... :)  

No insider info on this one, guys, just an interesting coincidence(???) that the Blues Brothers license has been obtained by Round 2 within the last few weeks...TIM  

49 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

ROUND 2 AND THE BLUES BROTHERS TEAM UP… ON A MISSION FROM GOD! | Round2 (round2corp.com)

The idea of a 1/25th scale 1974 Monaco kit ranks right up there in my personal log of the unlikelihood along with such ideas as a modern day, full detail 1/25th scale 1958 Edsel or an early 1950's Hudson kits....oh wait..... :)  

No insider info on this one, guys, just an interesting coincidence(???) that the Blues Brothers license has been obtained by Round 2 within the last few weeks...TIM  

And there you go!   Plastic in 1/25th cannot be far behind.

Remember, gang . . . there are no such things as coincidences!  😉

3 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Crossing my fingers here, Tim.

10 hours ago, tim boyd said:

My first car was a 74 Monaco coupe. I may finally be able to build one without cutting  up a die cast.

Movie Cars...

I'd say if Round2 is going to tool up an "All New Movie Car" a very strong case can be made for a new '74 Monaco Bluesmobile. A Semi-Promo Style Chassis (like the '70 Ford Police Car or many of the early '70's MOPAR MPC kits should work, with the detail focused on the Body, Engine, and Interior. Of Course, it will need an authentic Air Raid Siren/ Roof Mounted Horn, and to increase sales/build options parts and decals to produce both a Genuine Mt. Prospect PD Cruiser and the Surplus Version seen in the Movie.{so Full Cop Gear, and Push bars, ect}

Then, CHP Markings are almost a Must Have since the '74 Monaco was used in vast numbers by the CHP. I am not sure the Difference in 73 or 75 Monacos, but if minor tooling changes could cater the differeing model years easily, it might be worth build them in from the start. 

Next, Taxi Parts and Decals get yet another version, as does Fire Chief Markings.

Lastly, Including the Full Factory Wheel Covers, would allow a Plain Vanilla "Grandma Car" like so many folks owned back then. (My Grandma's was Brown)

So, For the Monaco Tool.

1. Bluesmobile. 2, Mt Prospect PD Cruiser. 3 CHP Cruiser. 4 Fire Chief Car. 5. Taxi Version. 6 Grandma's Grocery Getter. That is not counting other versions that other people can imagine.

Now, Another Idea for the tooling, going a totally different way.

Use the same Chassis, engine, wheels, dash, ect, and tool up a new Body, Interior, Grille, and wheel covers, and make the Family Truckster. While the Body is the most expensive part of the tool, if you are working from a clean sheet from the beginning,  designing for both should reduce the workload, especially since most compromises can default to "Dodge Monaco" rather than "Fictional Movie Station Wagon". We know that the real Truckster was Ford based, but for a model, this should cut it.

Still, I can see the same chassis, and dirty bits yielding a couple Police cars, with a long series of variants over the life of the tool, and a One Off Movie Station Wagon, that should sell well enough to assist the primary kit in breaking even.   

So, what do you guys think?

19 minutes ago, alexis said:

Movie Cars...

I'd say if Round2 is going to tool up an "All New Movie Car" a very strong case can be made for a new '74 Monaco Bluesmobile. A Semi-Promo Style Chassis (like the '70 Ford Police Car or many of the early '70's MOPAR MPC kits should work, with the detail focused on the Body, Engine, and Interior. Of Course, it will need an authentic Air Raid Siren/ Roof Mounted Horn, and to increase sales/build options parts and decals to produce both a Genuine Mt. Prospect PD Cruiser and the Surplus Version seen in the Movie.{so Full Cop Gear, and Push bars, ect}

Then, CHP Markings are almost a Must Have since the '74 Monaco was used in vast numbers by the CHP. I am not sure the Difference in 73 or 75 Monacos, but if minor tooling changes could cater the differeing model years easily, it might be worth build them in from the start. 

Next, Taxi Parts and Decals get yet another version, as does Fire Chief Markings.

Lastly, Including the Full Factory Wheel Covers, would allow a Plain Vanilla "Grandma Car" like so many folks owned back then. (My Grandma's was Brown)

So, For the Monaco Tool.

1. Bluesmobile. 2, Mt Prospect PD Cruiser. 3 CHP Cruiser. 4 Fire Chief Car. 5. Taxi Version. 6 Grandma's Grocery Getter. That is not counting other versions that other people can imagine.

Use the same Chassis, engine, wheels, dash, ect, and tool up a new Body, Interior, Grille, and wheel covers, and make the Family Truckster. While the Body is the most expensive part of the tool, if you are working from a clean sheet from the beginning,  designing for both should reduce the workload, especially since most compromises can default to "Dodge Monaco" rather than "Fictional Movie Station Wagon". We know that the real Truckster was Ford based, but for a model, this should cut it.

Still, I can see the same chassis, and dirty bits yielding a couple Police cars, with a long series of variants over the life of the tool, and a One Off Movie Station Wagon, that should sell well enough to assist the primary kit in breaking even.   

Not at all a bad idea, but if we're starting from fresh tooling but are also interested in cutting cost why does it have to be a 1960's style promo chassis? Why not actually break new ground and give us a modern curbside kit with reasonable suspension detail and wheels held on with polycaps? Something along the line of Aoshima's Mad Max Interceptor and KITT? 

1 hour ago, alexis said:

Movie Cars...

So, For the Monaco Tool.

They're probably already passed the design stage, so until test shots are shown, one can only guess how they designed the tool, but personally I wouldn't mind if they did it in a similar way to what Tom and I wrote down in the suggestion to tool up a '69 Dodge Polara CHP Cruiser, a very long time ago.

So for those who already think, Oh No not that again!!, just skip this post 😁😛

1) Select type of customer:

The enthusiast modeler.
As with big rig builders, police car modelers are rarely blessed with new subjects, and the few released were either simplified designs and retools or marketed towards youth, sometimes including questionable and costly extras.
Only one kit sticks out and then it's an old tool whose current existential status is unknown, namely the old Jo-Han Plymouth Fury, which was on the market for decades.
I firmly believe that police car modelers will lay the green on the counter for a detailed cruiser because they almost always had to rely on aftermarket companies to make a convincing model.

2) Choice of subject matter:
The 1969 Dodge Polara is widely known as one of the all-time favorite cruisers amongst officers who were active during the 60s-70s. It is also listed as the fastest cruiser of the time, even surpassing the 94-96 Caprice LT1s. The 1969 Polara equipped with a 440 4bbl was officially clocked at 147mph in tests.
It was basically a 4 door muscle car, which sat on top of the food chain eating GTOs, Chargers, Challengers, 'Cudas, Chevelles, Camaros and Mustangs for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Just the kit we need for keeping the tablecloths of America's contest tables free from tire burns! In fact, anyone who collects and/or builds muscle car kits must have at least one, just to keep his collection intact.

3) Design of the kit & tool:
Finding a pristine example will not be a problem in this case, because Hemmings "Muscle Car Machines" Magazine recently did a restoration feature on one. Likewise for someone to measure and photograph it, because it's in Tom Montgomery's (Former Amt/Ertl kit designer) back yard!
Body: Four-door body of course with fine and sharp engraving (Don't you love the window surrounds on a late 60s Jo-Han annual?) and without heavy molded-in features. For example, a dome light which can lead to a sink mark in the roof, which the modeler has to fill and sand. Small ridges and holes where to drill in the roof for roof mounted emergency lights will do.
Because this car has seen service in many agencies, it would be handy to either offer the side moldings as separate metal transfer pieces (like Galaxie LTD's 1948 Chevrolets). This may not be feasible and could be a possible giveback when running into budget issues, but since it's a thin molding to begin with, it probably can be sanded off with relative ease when molded-in.
The body closings will only consist of the hood dressed up with a separate lip* and hinges, in case the builder wants to show off the engine.
The following items round up the body assembly: firewall, inner fenders (as with Amt '68 RR), radiator brace, side mirror(s)*, door handles*, front bumper* with separate grille* (to ease the detail painting) with clear headlamp lenses, rear bumper*, tail lamp-surrounds* with a perimeter flange to reinforce them and provide a gluing surface to mount them into the body and provide a stop for the rear bumper, and clear tail lamp-lenses of course (* indicates chrome part).
Interior: The plain-Jane base level trim all around interior, would be a sort of snap-fit platform style, minimizing the risk of getting glue in unwanted places.
Consisting of a floorboard with a two piece dash, steering wheel and column with molded-in selectors, separate pedals, two piece bench seat, separate rear seat with package tray (flashed over holes for mounting the two CHP flashers), separate door panels to allow for easy detailing. Police radio set-up for the transmission hump. It can be similar to the Jo-Han Plymouth set up, as that was very accurate. However, having separate pieces for the radio, siren control and switches would be great so that different set-ups can be configured by the builder. Two detailed microphones are needed; there was only one in the Jo-Han kit which was incorrect for the set-up.
Chassis and drivetrain: Breakdown similar to AMT's 1957 Chrysler 300 or their 1960 Galaxie kit, 440 4bbl (what else!) with Torqueflite 727 Auto Trans. This police engine was rated at 375 HP. Kit should include two air cleaners, one stock and one low restriction. The low restriction is the police unit, and is similar in design to the one in the Lindberg 1964 Dodge 330 kit. It's actually referred to in the Dodge literature as an "unsilenced" air cleaner. Separate chassis, heavy duty rear end, dual exhaust, and front and rear sway bars round out the chassis. Wheels: two sets...one needs to be correct steel wheels with dog dish hub caps of correct vintage. I'd include a base series full hubcap as an option for those doing a standard sedan. Tires need to be a beefy vintage blackwall, Goodyear Polyglas or similar. The ones AMT has been using for years are actually pretty good.
Accessories: Here's where it gets tricky. The Jo-Han Plymouth was actually a great kit for the roof lights alone. They were extremely accurate and looked the part. This kit should be done with that in mind, optional roof light set-up* for multiple agencies. Spotlights* for both sides are a must. Two styles of beacon lights, one like the Jo-Han, which is a Federal model 176H and one a flat top 4 beam (Federal 184, Dietz 211 or similar). The roof bar with twin beacons would be nice too. That's a Federal model 11, with optional chromed siren speaker in the center. I'd use the rounded speaker (like the speaker on the Adam-12 car) instead of the flat wide style in the Jo-Han kit. Since electronic sirens were just becoming popular, it would still need an old mechanical siren for under the hood as another option. To round it out, about six flashers of different sizes, 2 small, 2 medium, 2 larger, all single faced. These could be used for rear deck flashers, front grille flashers, optional light bar flashers, etc.
Now the most important necessity for all of these lights: MOLD ALL OF THEM IN CLEAR PLASTIC. Not red, not blue, not a mix... CLEAR. This allows the builder to tint them accordingly to the agency that's being represented.
The push bar would be a preformed pre-painted metal assembly, to keep it in scale and robust
Agency decals: I'm sure licensing and permissions are in order here. But it shouldn't be too bad, considering Hawk/Lindberg is issuing about 6 different state agencies in their reissue of the 1996 Crown Victoria. A CHP version is a must, this would negate the need for roof lights, too, as they ran most of these with no roof lights and dual spotlights, the driver's side being red. The CHP would also have two flashers, one red and one amber, on the back package shelf, both on the left side, facing rear. However, the 1969 Polaras were used all over the country, and offering different versions or including different agencies in the one kit (like the Jo-Han Plymouth) would be great, one thing will be certain the decals will be done by Cartograph of Italy.
About the tooling now, when planned and designed right, it can be used for a plethora of C-body MoPar kits, from 1969 up to '77 as the chassis were virtually unchanged except for the yearly addition of annual emissions upgrades (or downgrades, if you will).
Therefore the tooling lay-out isn't one big chunk of steel with removable inserts but a cluster of several and smaller tools
A-Parts, Floorboard and chassis with suspension, axles & wheels.
B-Parts, Engine and accesoiries.
C Parts, Interior and body add-ons.
D-To be plated parts and body
E-Clear parts.
Tires
Taking this route, along the way one or more smaller tools in combination with others can be used in further siblings like for instance a '74 Monaco, one of the stars in the classic movie "the blues brothers", and seen in many many cop shows seen on TV like CHiPs, or (Royal) Monaco, remember Hill Street Blues?

4) Packaging and support
Boxart: I really like the way Sean Svendsen handled the Model King box designs of the '70 Wildcat and Camaro Funny Cars. He really knows how to present a built model, so I would put him in charge of that, but I also like the art work of Jairus Watson and know he would do a good job of a CHP unit burning sideways (showing off the "Wolfs Head" graphics on the door) through a sharp curve on Mulholland drive, in hot pursuit of some bad boys, Hmm...maybe I have to flip a coin https://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v8/f57/1/16/1f609.png;)
The size of the box would be like the "Accurate Miniatures" Corvette kits, to show off the artwork and the neatly displayed contents when removing the box top.
Packaging of the parts: chrome, clear parts, tires, packed separately in poly bags, same for the white plastic parts, decals by Cartograph covered with a protective paper and bagged too.
Instruction sheet: I like the approach AMT/ERTL took in the mid 1990s, which was very detailed and every part was clearly identified.
Consumer support: On our company website I would post a whole range of photos taken when the engineers of product development were measuring up the cruiser, together with anecdotes, facts and fiction of the subject and the agency it served with.
Also a photo composing as per instruction sheet sequence would be available on line together with tips on how to build a perfect model.

5) Budgetary constraints
I would lose the metal transfers, and engrave the side molding into the cavity of the body sides, is a too simple solution for the cash problem, therefore I would get in touch with a die cast manufacturer (like Highway 61) to see if the project is of interest to them too, because the majority of model car collectors are not modelers, if they're interested the R&D costs would drop considerably, and could start a long term partnership

6) Post a photo of the subject

79942-500-0@2x.jpg?rev=2&fbclid=IwAR1HlMLaDvaIRLH3mjLa6Ab52skySNFAVgZT4VCNg03-atd7NGCSQ4sP_3o
https://assets.hemmings.com/story.../79942-500-0@2x.jpg...
Courtesy of HMM
For more photo's of this beautiful restored vehicle, please check out the Hemmings Muscle Machines article via link below.
https://www.hemmings.com/.../1969-Dodge.../1451907.html
Note: The book "Dodge, Plymouth & Chrysler POLICE CARS, 1956-1978" by Edwin Sanow and John Bellah, Motorbooks International was used for reference.

The $250,000.00 dollar / 250K question
Format created by:
Luc Janssens

Edited by Luc Janssens

1 hour ago, alexis said:

Movie Cars...

So, For the Monaco Tool.

Here are the differences between the 1973 and 1975 Dodge Monaco's.

Here are links that show more detailed pics of both cars.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-dodge-monaco-brougham/

https://www.classicautomall.com/vehicles/1194/1975-dodge-monaco-sedan

1973DodgeMonaco.jpg

1975-dodge-monaco-sedan.jpg

• Like 1

I’m in for a Bluesmobile Monaco kit! 

I would be fine with a curbside, as long as the body’s proportions were very good. 

Round 2 could work off of their 1/18 tool, as that one has the look of that car down, I would say it has the edge over Greenlight’s 1/24 diecast. 

Round 2 could perhaps tool the body so that different grille surrounds and grilles could be used, so that they could offer the later “Royal Monaco” (hidden headlight) front grille setup, as most of the Illinois State Police squads chasing the Bluesmobile in the movie used that front end. I believe all Monacos made after 1975 used that hidden headlight front end. 

Also, Plymouth front end styling could be tooled up, so that Plymouths could be offered. My Dad drove a ‘76 Plymouth ex-Philadelphia service Gran Fury for several years, and he also briefly had an ex-highway patrol ‘76 Royal Monaco, so I would love to be able to build both of those cars. 

Those Dodges and Plymouths had the majority of the Police market share in the US in the ‘70’s. Many, many state and local agencies used those cars, so lots of State and local police cars, as well as TV and movie cars could be offered from one well designed tool. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luc Janssens said:
They're probably already passed the design stage, so until test shots are shown, one can only guess how they designed the tool, but personally I wouldn't mind if they did it in a similar way to what Tom and I wrote down in the suggestion to tool up a '69 Dodge Polara CHP Cruiser, a very long time ago.

So for those who already think, Oh No not that again!!, just skip this post 😁😛

1) Select type of customer:

The enthusiast modeler.
As with big rig builders, police car modelers are rarely blessed with new subjects, and the few released were either simplified designs and retools or marketed towards youth, sometimes including questionable and costly extras.
Only one kit sticks out and then it's an old tool whose current existential status is unknown, namely the old Jo-Han Plymouth Fury, which was on the market for decades.
I firmly believe that police car modelers will lay the green on the counter for a detailed cruiser because they almost always had to rely on aftermarket companies to make a convincing model.

2) Choice of subject matter:
The 1969 Dodge Polara is widely known as one of the all-time favorite cruisers amongst officers who were active during the 60s-70s. It is also listed as the fastest cruiser of the time, even surpassing the 94-96 Caprice LT1s. The 1969 Polara equipped with a 440 4bbl was officially clocked at 147mph in tests.
It was basically a 4 door muscle car, which sat on top of the food chain eating GTOs, Chargers, Challengers, 'Cudas, Chevelles, Camaros and Mustangs for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Just the kit we need for keeping the tablecloths of America's contest tables free from tire burns! In fact, anyone who collects and/or builds muscle car kits must have at least one, just to keep his collection intact.

3) Design of the kit & tool:
Finding a pristine example will not be a problem in this case, because Hemmings "Muscle Car Machines" Magazine recently did a restoration feature on one. Likewise for someone to measure and photograph it, because it's in Tom Montgomery's (Former Amt/Ertl kit designer) back yard!
Body: Four-door body of course with fine and sharp engraving (Don't you love the window surrounds on a late 60s Jo-Han annual?) and without heavy molded-in features. For example, a dome light which can lead to a sink mark in the roof, which the modeler has to fill and sand. Small ridges and holes where to drill in the roof for roof mounted emergency lights will do.
Because this car has seen service in many agencies, it would be handy to either offer the side moldings as separate metal transfer pieces (like Galaxie LTD's 1948 Chevrolets). This may not be feasible and could be a possible giveback when running into budget issues, but since it's a thin molding to begin with, it probably can be sanded off with relative ease when molded-in.
The body closings will only consist of the hood dressed up with a separate lip* and hinges, in case the builder wants to show off the engine.
The following items round up the body assembly: firewall, inner fenders (as with Amt '68 RR), radiator brace, side mirror(s)*, door handles*, front bumper* with separate grille* (to ease the detail painting) with clear headlamp lenses, rear bumper*, tail lamp-surrounds* with a perimeter flange to reinforce them and provide a gluing surface to mount them into the body and provide a stop for the rear bumper, and clear tail lamp-lenses of course (* indicates chrome part).
Interior: The plain-Jane base level trim all around interior, would be a sort of snap-fit platform style, minimizing the risk of getting glue in unwanted places.
Consisting of a floorboard with a two piece dash, steering wheel and column with molded-in selectors, separate pedals, two piece bench seat, separate rear seat with package tray (flashed over holes for mounting the two CHP flashers), separate door panels to allow for easy detailing. Police radio set-up for the transmission hump. It can be similar to the Jo-Han Plymouth set up, as that was very accurate. However, having separate pieces for the radio, siren control and switches would be great so that different set-ups can be configured by the builder. Two detailed microphones are needed; there was only one in the Jo-Han kit which was incorrect for the set-up.
Chassis and drivetrain: Breakdown similar to AMT's 1957 Chrysler 300 or their 1960 Galaxie kit, 440 4bbl (what else!) with Torqueflite 727 Auto Trans. This police engine was rated at 375 HP. Kit should include two air cleaners, one stock and one low restriction. The low restriction is the police unit, and is similar in design to the one in the Lindberg 1964 Dodge 330 kit. It's actually referred to in the Dodge literature as an "unsilenced" air cleaner. Separate chassis, heavy duty rear end, dual exhaust, and front and rear sway bars round out the chassis. Wheels: two sets...one needs to be correct steel wheels with dog dish hub caps of correct vintage. I'd include a base series full hubcap as an option for those doing a standard sedan. Tires need to be a beefy vintage blackwall, Goodyear Polyglas or similar. The ones AMT has been using for years are actually pretty good.
Accessories: Here's where it gets tricky. The Jo-Han Plymouth was actually a great kit for the roof lights alone. They were extremely accurate and looked the part. This kit should be done with that in mind, optional roof light set-up* for multiple agencies. Spotlights* for both sides are a must. Two styles of beacon lights, one like the Jo-Han, which is a Federal model 176H and one a flat top 4 beam (Federal 184, Dietz 211 or similar). The roof bar with twin beacons would be nice too. That's a Federal model 11, with optional chromed siren speaker in the center. I'd use the rounded speaker (like the speaker on the Adam-12 car) instead of the flat wide style in the Jo-Han kit. Since electronic sirens were just becoming popular, it would still need an old mechanical siren for under the hood as another option. To round it out, about six flashers of different sizes, 2 small, 2 medium, 2 larger, all single faced. These could be used for rear deck flashers, front grille flashers, optional light bar flashers, etc.
Now the most important necessity for all of these lights: MOLD ALL OF THEM IN CLEAR PLASTIC. Not red, not blue, not a mix... CLEAR. This allows the builder to tint them accordingly to the agency that's being represented.
The push bar would be a preformed pre-painted metal assembly, to keep it in scale and robust
Agency decals: I'm sure licensing and permissions are in order here. But it shouldn't be too bad, considering Hawk/Lindberg is issuing about 6 different state agencies in their reissue of the 1996 Crown Victoria. A CHP version is a must, this would negate the need for roof lights, too, as they ran most of these with no roof lights and dual spotlights, the driver's side being red. The CHP would also have two flashers, one red and one amber, on the back package shelf, both on the left side, facing rear. However, the 1969 Polaras were used all over the country, and offering different versions or including different agencies in the one kit (like the Jo-Han Plymouth) would be great, one thing will be certain the decals will be done by Cartograph of Italy.
About the tooling now, when planned and designed right, it can be used for a plethora of C-body MoPar kits, from 1969 up to '77 as the chassis were virtually unchanged except for the yearly addition of annual emissions upgrades (or downgrades, if you will).
Therefore the tooling lay-out isn't one big chunk of steel with removable inserts but a cluster of several and smaller tools
A-Parts, Floorboard and chassis with suspension, axles & wheels.
B-Parts, Engine and accesoiries.
C Parts, Interior and body add-ons.
D-To be plated parts and body
E-Clear parts.
Tires
Taking this route, along the way one or more smaller tools in combination with others can be used in further siblings like for instance a '74 Monaco, one of the stars in the classic movie "the blues brothers", and seen in many many cop shows seen on TV like CHiPs, or (Royal) Monaco, remember Hill Street Blues?

4) Packaging and support
Boxart: I really like the way Sean Svendsen handled the Model King box designs of the '70 Wildcat and Camaro Funny Cars. He really knows how to present a built model, so I would put him in charge of that, but I also like the art work of Jairus Watson and know he would do a good job of a CHP unit burning sideways (showing off the "Wolfs Head" graphics on the door) through a sharp curve on Mulholland drive, in hot pursuit of some bad boys, Hmm...maybe I have to flip a coin https://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v8/f57/1/16/1f609.png;)
The size of the box would be like the "Accurate Miniatures" Corvette kits, to show off the artwork and the neatly displayed contents when removing the box top.
Packaging of the parts: chrome, clear parts, tires, packed separately in poly bags, same for the white plastic parts, decals by Cartograph covered with a protective paper and bagged too.
Instruction sheet: I like the approach AMT/ERTL took in the mid 1990s, which was very detailed and every part was clearly identified.
Consumer support: On our company website I would post a whole range of photos taken when the engineers of product development were measuring up the cruiser, together with anecdotes, facts and fiction of the subject and the agency it served with.
Also a photo composing as per instruction sheet sequence would be available on line together with tips on how to build a perfect model.

5) Budgetary constraints
I would lose the metal transfers, and engrave the side molding into the cavity of the body sides, is a too simple solution for the cash problem, therefore I would get in touch with a die cast manufacturer (like Highway 61) to see if the project is of interest to them too, because the majority of model car collectors are not modelers, if they're interested the R&D costs would drop considerably, and could start a long term partnership

6) Post a photo of the subject

79942-500-0@2x.jpg?rev=2&fbclid=IwAR1HlMLaDvaIRLH3mjLa6Ab52skySNFAVgZT4VCNg03-atd7NGCSQ4sP_3o
https://assets.hemmings.com/story.../79942-500-0@2x.jpg...
Courtesy of HMM
For more photo's of this beautiful restored vehicle, please check out the Hemmings Muscle Machines article via link below.
https://www.hemmings.com/.../1969-Dodge.../1451907.html
Note: The book "Dodge, Plymouth & Chrysler POLICE CARS, 1956-1978" by Edwin Sanow and John Bellah, Motorbooks International was used for reference.

The $250,000.00 dollar / 250K question
Format created by:
Luc Janssens

very well articulated..

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 7:17 PM, tim boyd said:

Round 2 has been surprising use with great kits let’s hope they hear us and watch..