Model Cars Magazine Forum

5 hours ago, lordairgtar said:

People forget that a Calais was a model of Cadillac. I remember seeing one, a 1969 model. It had manual wind up windows, no power. Was Calais a down scale model in that year or did the buyer order something off the wall?

Wow that was a new one on me! I could only remember the Olds Cutlass Calais.

50 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

I never heard of the VW Taos. Nor have I ever heard of a ski resort by the same name. That’s the only obscure one to me. 

The Taos is new for 2022 for the US, so it's not unusual that you haven't heard of it. It's a little smaller than a Tiguan. I don't usually think of Taos, New Mexico as a famous ski resort, but I live less than 100 miles from Lake Tahoe.

12 minutes ago, Rodent said:

The Taos is new for 2022 for the US, so it's not unusual that you haven't heard of it. It's a little smaller than a Tiguan. I don't usually think of Taos, New Mexico as a famous ski resort, but I live less than 100 miles from Lake Tahoe.

Thank you. That explains a lot. Is there much skiing at Taos, New Mexico? I have heard of that.