Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Ford Bronco...Help

I' am going to be painting the bronco a different color than blue so i have a question about the decals first.  As you can see with the long white paint stripe there is blue in between.  If the decal is removed will that blue stay or that's just the backing paper showing? Because i would not want that blue on a grabber orange paint job.  

Next is the detail up kit.  The parts i have circled in white i have no idea what there for, because the instruction sheet doesn't say.  The window linkage parts #28 etc i won't be able to use because the kit doesn't even have a window linkage part.  What bronco kit does? The outer and inner rear view mirror parts are actually bigger than the part that came with the kit. It feels like i paid $18 for some emblems...sigh.  This is modelcargarage detail up set and that listed it for recommended revells bronco and baja bronco.  How when half of it can't even be used?

IMG-1961.jpg

InkedIMG-1962_LI.jpg

MCG puts as many items in their sets as will fit on the sheet.  Seldom will everything be used.  Other sets include scripts for lower-line models; for example, a set for an Impala might include scripts for a Biscayne or Bel Air.  A few years back, I suggested smaller sets for some kits, with exterior script, emblems, and door locks only, so that the kit details could be smoothed off to ease painting the body.  

18 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

The blue on the decal sheet is just the backing paper. The stripes will be fine over orange.

The parts you have circled on the PE sheet are looms for the spark plug wires, not anything to do with windows.

The parts i have circled do not have a number for them there not on the instruction sheet either.  Looms for spark plug wires makes sense dunno why i didn't figure that out lol.  But parts #28 and stuff are for window linkage the instructions even shows a window linkage setup with the part numbers.  I was basically stating how i wouldn't be able to use the parts because the kit doesn't include a window linkage part.  Also good to know about the decals, because i was worried for a bit.  Thanks everyone for your help :)

Just now, Classicgas said:

The window linkage parts could be for a planned but not yet released aftermarket set, or one that was planned but canceled. 

That makes sense.  I'll def be keeping all the parts not used. I'm guessing for some parts like the radio facing I'm suppose to trim off the radio part off the plastic dash? Because the radio facing #15 on the PE set wont fit on top or even match what's on the part.

Bronco.PNG

There aren't any outside mirror faces on that P/E, they give you 3 parts to make a new inside rearview - 23 & 24, with 22 being the mount from the window.  The stuff to the left of that isn't mirror faces it's the gas, brake, clutch, and parking brake pedals.

This is also the downside of P/E, it's one dimensional.  It's great for scripts and things like grille/radiator mesh, but for 3D shapes, most of the time a 1D piece of metal isn't an actual upgrade.