Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford GT40 Mk.II - Le Mans 1966 - Meng 1/24

I guess it is no surprise the kit does not have opening doors.  As bad as the IMC MKI and MKII kits were they had opening doors which of course allows the interior to be seen a whole lot better.  Also - you got the color just right.  I have seen more than one 66 MKII painted in the Gulf blue used on the 68/69 MKI’s which of course is incorrect if one wants to replicate the 66 Lemans 2nd place car.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vamach1 said:

I guess it is no surprise the kit does not have opening doors.  As bad as the IMC MKI and MKII kits were they had opening doors which of course allows the interior to be seen a whole lot better.  Also - you got the color just right.  I have seen more than one 66 MKII painted in the Gulf blue used on the 68/69 MKI’s which of course is incorrect if one wants to replicate the 66 Lemans 2nd place car.

Thaks so much. I can see the interior well enough for me .

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome !

I have a question since I have started building this kit which is that I noticed that you had installed the two rear scoops on the rear engine hatch which in the instructions it has them being installed after the glass is installed so my question is did you have any issues installing the glass with the scoops already installed ?