Model Cars Magazine Forum

1998 Rusty Wallace Miller Lite Elvis

randman

This Revell Monogram kit represents the Rusty Wallace Ford Taurus Miller Lite Elvis car from the 1998 Bristol night race.  

Tamiya TS-15 Blue and TS-26 Pure White.  The chassis is SEM 61113 Chassis Gray.

I modified the exhaust and air cleaner to represent that of the later Taurus kits.  I also tucked in the wheels slightly.  Other than that, it is box stock.

I purchased the decals from Mikes.  I don't recall the maker (Sunset maybe).  These were good quality decals, but a bit inaccurate based on the one photo and grainy youtube video I could find.  To more closely match the blue and make it more accurate, I ended up recreating the hood and front end music notes decals and used a mixture of Slixx and older kit decals I had laying around.

This body started its life as a John Deere model about 15 years ago, but after messing up that paint job, I dumped it into the junk box.  I realized I could strip the paint and resurrect it, so here it is.

More pictures in the gallery:   https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AOGZv91Yt_MXmSU&id=151834E7F1DA907C!2183&cid=151834E7F1DA907C

mIsfxUll.jpg

sdOtSDkl.jpg

UkEuebCl.jpg

WYglERbl.jpg

YSkKIX5l.jpg

yzf9GvEl.jpg

Edited by randman
  • Like 1