Model Cars Magazine Forum

Proto Centaur (Star Trek) Finished

24 minutes ago, michelle said:

nice work interesting choice for the name  the ss valiant was the name of the ship the pitted and burned  fight recorder the enterprise found  near the galatic barrier  in 2265   in the second pilot  where no man has gone before 

Thank you!

The name was just a decal I had, and I cut the U of USS as the pirates would not want to be associated with any United star ships. Valiant seemed appropriate as the pirates posses that quality.

12 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

Looks great!

Thank you!

11 hours ago, David G. said:

It's amazing how a paint scheme can change the whole character of a ship. Nicely Done!

I fount it! On the bottom row next to the STS.

BTW, that's a lot of starships.

David G.

I was hoping to stay away from the federation style of painting.

I do have a lot of starships, yes... more to come though as always

5 hours ago, bisc63 said:

Came out pretty nice, and a pirate ship should be a little more "weathered", don't you think?! Sweet collection. What's the story with the "E" version in black , or very dark gray? Looks interesting.

Thank you, the weathering was meant to show that the parts had been floating out it space for a while, and really, who has the time to clean your star ship when you're on the run??

Are you talking about this ship?

IMG_4846.JPG.9c0a3ead62e95d4469c4fa5c2b32e11f.JPG.bbf3cd3e01587eb4c27d8bf310d4b231.JPG

I made that before the 1/1000 Discoprise (as seen on the far right) came out. I liked the colour scheme, so I did the ISS Enterprise in the TOS version with disco paint scheme. I put the mirror universe livery on it though, just for fun.

• 3 weeks later...