Model Cars Magazine Forum

RAM TRX WEB SITE - Check out starting the Hellcat engine

It sounds like those are now being build at their Sterling Heights, MI plant. My 200, Lebaron GTS Turbo,and Shadow ES Turbo were all built there.  From what I understand of it’s history, Chrysler Aerospace used it for a number of years to produce missles and other aerospace components from the mid-late 50’s through the early 70’s under contracts with the Army and I think NASA, plus the Navy used it to produce and test their early jet engines between the end of WW2 and the mid 50’s, there was even a fight about it’s use for that where the Navy refused to let the Army and Chrysler use it for the rockets for a few years.

2 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

It sounds like those are now being build at their Sterling Heights, MI plant. My 200, Lebaron GTS Turbo,and Shadow ES Turbo were all built there.  From what I understand of it’s history, Chrysler Aerospace used it for a number of years to produce missles and other aerospace components from the mid-late 50’s through the early 70’s under contracts with the Army and I think NASA, plus the Navy used it to produce and test their early jet engines between the end of WW2 and the mid 50’s, there was even a fight about it’s use for that where the Navy refused to let the Army and Chrysler use it for the rockets for a few years.

Sterling Heights Assembly has greatly expanded over the years. In the 90s we used to run autocrosses in the huge parking lot on the eastern side of the property but that's had buildings erected  on it so the lot is much smaller now.

54 minutes ago, ZTony8 said:

Sterling Heights Assembly has greatly expanded over the years. In the 90s we used to run autocrosses in the huge parking lot on the eastern side of the property but that's had buildings erected  on it so the lot is much smaller now.

I’m not sure when it happened but there should be a stamping plant there now as well as a bunch of upgrades done for the 2015-2017 Chrysler 200 before that flopped.