Model Cars Magazine Forum

General Lee Crushed by Ida

2 hours ago, Sledsel said:

Correction, the car in the air is there........ and the other is just a prop car.

47378991-9948993-Seen_during_happier_times_in_front_of_Mrs_Shirley_s_General_Stor-a-19_1630532626763.jpgjohn-schneiders-general-lee-stunt-car-got-crushed-by-a-tree-in-hurricane-ida_4.jpg

Looks like that isn't a real Charger or a screen used General Lee, I believe he has one of the handful of Crown Vic cop cars that got chopped up, caged,  rebodied with reproduction Charger sheet metal and painted to look like a General Lee, so that may, technically be fixable!

2 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

Looks like a new future episode ahead.....

Here's Where The Cast From Graveyard Carz Is Today

Apparently they have already restored a screen used General Lee from the '05 movie, it was the car that was used for the "freeway jump", which had been a record flight for any car, let along a 2nd gen Charger.

26 minutes ago, Joe Handley said:

Looks like that isn't a real Charger or a screen used General Lee, I believe he has one of the handful of Crown Vic cop cars that got chopped up, caged,  rebodied with reproduction Charger sheet metal and painted to look like a General Lee, so that may, technically be fixable!

The crushed car is a Vic.... look at the steering column

John Schneider always seemed like a nice guy. auctioned 1 General off on Barrett-Jackson for Autism at at least 10 years ago guess and it was signed bey all the stars even the ones that had since past. It was one used. He has had money troubles in the past due to child support not being lowered after the show ended..

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 11:14 AM, Sledsel said:

Correction, the car in the air is there........ and the other is just a prop car.

47378991-9948993-Seen_during_happier_times_in_front_of_Mrs_Shirley_s_General_Stor-a-19_1630532626763.jpgjohn-schneiders-general-lee-stunt-car-got-crushed-by-a-tree-in-hurricane-ida_4.jpg

On 9/2/2021 at 2:03 PM, Sledsel said:

The crushed car is a Vic.... look at the steering column

...and the seats and the A-pillars and the door handles and the ride height, etc, etc, etc.

I'm just glad at least it's not ANOTHER real Charger that bit the dust.

I think the one on the roof of the studio fared the weather in better shape.

And I'm also glad that John is able to look at the bright side and not take it all too serious. He's a good guy!