Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford C800 Gar-Wood Load Packer. It's Happening!

chuckyr

After thinking about this for awhile, I made myself chuckle. We as a group think nothing of spending $60-$80 for a resin cab and then have to use a $30-$40 kit to finish it out, probably spend another $50 or so on other resin odds and ends cause the kit parts don’t go with the cab we bought, then we need tires, cause the kit ones are horrible, so $200 later we can now build the model, but shoot, now we need decals…..,$20-$30 later we are set, all of a sudden, that $91 seems plausible …….

tongue in cheek fellas, we are a bunch of finicky things, ain’t we? Lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

The big news is that it is a completely new body, something we have not seen in a very long time. Some of the less skilled builders, including myself, could  never recreate a super realistic truck body. Prices are inline for what it would cost to purchase a donor kit and resin body if it existed.  Hopefully it sells well,  so new, never done before bodies may come along  in the future.  We could  use a new wrecker body, grain body, tanker body or beverage bottlers body  on the  C 900 or Louisville cab too!

Edited by leafsprings
  • Like 2

On 10/11/2021 at 9:13 AM, niteowl7710 said:

Border Models somehow got a hold of some of the old WingNut Wings tooling, and will be releasing the 1/32 Avro Lancaster - Andy's Hobby HQ has that available for pre-order for $599.99

This kit is a OCD fanatic's dream. Virtually every stinkin' interior detail found under the actual aircraft's skin is modeled. This is a bargain for 600 bucks.

The same goes for HpH Models' 1/48 B-52H Stratofortress. It's worth every penny of its $743 USD price tag

Edited by SfanGoch

17 hours ago, tim boyd said:

More on the Ford Super Duty family including the 534 V8 in the AMT kit....  Another Forgotten Ford Big Block: The Giant 534 SD V8 | Mac's Motor City Garage (macsmotorcitygarage.com)

TIM

Ooooh. one of those Dumas boats, and a spare 534, and some scratch built turbos.... hmmmm.

• Like 1

I wish I had the excitement over this release that some have, but a garbage truck does nothing for me. I understand this was to be released years ago and it didn't happen so for some it was like finding their holy grail for $5 at a garage sale.

Hopefully this will sell well and fund some other new kits we would like.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chuckyr said:

Why do you keep saying this?

Kinda thought we could express our comments here, but I guess only when they agree with you are they valid? I've seen you comment many times about something that doesn't interest or bothers  you but that is okay because somehow you have superior posting rights?

Hope you buy and build multiples of these garbage trucks, the folks at Round2 are counting on it.

Garbage trucks are essential vehicles, just like about any other truck on the road, they perform a necessary task that society needs for a decent quality of life. I'm ready to give them some respect on my shelf.  There is always the possibility of kit bashing with resin cabs that are available now or in the future, namely the Chevy - GMC with a 427 under the cab.

s-l1600 (89).jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Kinda thought we could express our comments here, but I guess only when they agree with you are they valid?

But didn't you say you weren't interested in this model subject once already?

Those that are interested in commercial vehicles have to suffer through endless iterations of 57 Chevy's, 1960s hot rod reissues and pickup cars done over and over again at the expense of a once in 20 year subject, commercial vehicle modelers get.

I get it.  You would rather have them not offer this and have a Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby NASCAR edition model.