Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford C800 Gar-Wood Load Packer. It's Happening!

chuckyr

31 minutes ago, Brian Austin said:

The problem is, some of the comments on this board have come across as rather dismissive and disrespectful.

I agree. 

Now, why would I read this thread if I have no interest in the kit? 

Well, even though I won't be buying one I'd like to see what others think of it and maybe see pics of a new kit I haven't seen before. 

I believe it's good to keep up on new kits, no matter if they are heavy trucks or hot rods ,, or even the dreaded '57 Chevy [ Yes, I did read the thread about needing a new '57 Chevy 😲 gasp!!].

Will I buy one? Probably not. Am I happy that those who want to will be able to?, yes, of cores, why wouldn't I be? 

Any new kit in our scale is good for us who build in this scale.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Kinda thought we could express our comments here, but I guess only when they agree with you are they valid? .

Express away. But it’s rude. Go to friends house, they show you new vid game console. You say I have no interest in video game consoles. Wow, makes him feel great! 
Martyr card just seems like trolling.

1 hour ago, chuckyr said:

But didn't you say you weren't interested in this model subject once already?

Lol. We and others didn’t agree, or are shills for the manufacturer (not in this case Mike, elsewhere)

54 minutes ago, Brian Austin said:

The problem is, some of the comments on this board have come across as rather dismissive and disrespectful

Often anymore, sadly. I’m not without sin, but usually a point to be made. Off rail threads can be fun, but this and other threads that get trolled don’t need to be. No interest? Ok. Move on. Nothing personal. We don’t care if you don’t like Charmin soft either. 
Go in the “what’d you get today” thread and tell someone their stuff is of no interest. Frigging rude. 
Back to wooden GT’s. 

I read (and sometimes, comment on) threads about subjects that don't always seem to interest me. However (especially because of "Thread-Drift", I sometimes see and learn about things that I've never heard of. And, I learn something new. 

So, few threads are a complete waste of time. I'll be avidly awaiting pics and previews of this kit when it comes out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I'm excited about the Garwood trash body.  We are getting new wheels and fuel tanks and another set of frame rails that can be utilized on other trucks.  I'm really interested in the D-shaped fuel tanks for use on the Ford LN8000 snow plow kit.  That same kit would be perfect for the Garwood body too.  I can think of at least 4 versions that I'd like to build plus using more kits as parts donors for other projects.

I think this will be a fun model to have.

On 9/3/2021 at 5:17 PM, Jim B said:

I, too, am looking forward to this kit.  It looks interesting.

Another note of this C-series kit with an identity crisis: the bucket seats were only available in the C9000, all others had brown bench seats except the C900 which had a black one.  Round2 could alleviate some of this issue by removing the molded in logo on the cab & providing C600, C800, & C900 decals on the decal sheet.  It's just a thought.  I don't think we'll see a bench seat, though. 😁

And while they're at it, add to the decal sheet decals for the little screens that cover the air intakes right behind the door handles on both sides.

Edited by 1st 700 Quad
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 2:17 PM, Jim B said:

Round2 could alleviate some of this issue by removing the molded in logo on the cab & providing C600, C800, & C900 decals on the decal sheet.  It's just a thought.  

I agree, an original sin, the door should have been  emblemless,  a  separate chrome emblem would have been  more appropriate. I guess we can sand off and put in a Moebius Ford pickup emblem in there.  Aftermarket resin people could kick in a produce a '57 emblem, '58-'60 emblem, '61-'62 emblem, '63-'67 emblem, and while there at it, wider front fenders extensions for the '74-'90 versions and Ford oval between headlights. With all the C series kits out there, I believe there is a strong market for these pieces.

LEP332-3.jpg

Edited by leafsprings
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder why new frame rails were created. Maybe specific mounting points for the refuse body?

They went through a lot of work to include the ejector blade assembly, which will be almost totally hidden inside the body once everything is completed. Perhaps a lift-off style roof panel is part of the plan?

10 hours ago, Casey said:

I wonder why new frame rails were created. Maybe specific mounting points for the refuse body?

They went through a lot of work to include the ejector blade assembly, which will be almost totally hidden inside the body once everything is completed. Perhaps a lift-off style roof panel is part of the plan?

I was thinking the same thing on both points. 

• 3 weeks later...