Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lancia 037 Rallye Sanremo 1984

Brizio

I just finsh this model. I grew up following rally races, some I was lucky enough to be part of it. I have a soft spot for Lancia rally cars, above all the Gruop B. I was able to be a co pilot on few of them, and hear crazy stories from drivers. Even when tose cars are stand still, they seems go fast. The engine noise... Every thing on them were pushed to teh limit. 
When I start this kit, I wanted to capture the motion and power of a Group B rallye car. I saw a picture of this Lancia flying with the front end damaged, perfect picture for what I had in mind. This 037 was from the Jolly Club team. The driver was Biasion and co pilot Siviero. It finishe the Rallye Sanremo in 3rd place. 
The kit I used is Hasegawa, beautiful kit and goes together pretty well. I had to modify the fron frame/chassis of the car. I also used the photo etch details also from Hasegawa. The kit came with tarmac tires, I needed gravel tires. My brother design the gravel tires, and a friend of mine 3D print them. 

037-3.jpeg.79c08aea985820553361b0bd45b2ce17.jpeg

037-1.jpeg.2d044dfbd55acabd3f4067b47ac6603b.jpeg

037-2.jpeg.472d916ca9423055e6eea47d93cb502f.jpeg

037-4.jpeg.65b680fbb4cbfe6b9d686f34f2d4fb69.jpeg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, vintagerpm said:

Excllent work! From the body damage to the dust behind the car, to hiding the car's support, you nailed it.

I was able to find different photos of the car, thanks to a friend of mine. Thank you Mike! 

11 hours ago, jchrisf said:

I don't really care for most dioramas but that is awesome!  Perfect way to display a rally model

I think the movement factor on a rally car is very important. Thank you Chris!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, afx said:

Great work as always Brizio.

Thank you JC!

1 hour ago, TarheelRick said:

That is the most convincing diorama I have seen is some time.  Beautiful build and as mentioned before outstanding presentation. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thank you Ricky for the kind of words!

• 1 month later...