Model Cars Magazine Forum

3d files available

I'M posting this a guide for those looking for 3d files. Understand the difference between 3d files and 3d printable files. 3d files lack depth needed to be printable. A depth  of 1.7 mm is needed to make the part printable. Without a knowledge of how to make these files printable, your dead in the water. With that in mind, I will give a web site that I have found that will give you a source

of what's available at a minimum of cost. Check it out. There's something for everyone. Sports cares, seventies, eighties, even ninnies and more. Pickup truck. Semi's and more. Station wagon's  and more.

's

2 hours ago, kruleworld said:

they appear to be rips from Hum3D, so probably not legal files. 

There completely legal. The license states that resale of the file is prohibited. What you purchase is a download site to get them. There is $0 for the actual file.

20 hours ago, my66s55 said:

There completely legal. The license states that resale of the file is prohibited. What you purchase is a download site to get them. There is $0 for the actual file.

You're full of bs. the artists sell them for $95 on hum3d, then they won't want you giving them away free.

First line of the license:

The CUSTOMER may NOT:

• redistribute PRODUCT or modifications/parts of the PRODUCT;

Hum3d makes $95, not the artist. Read the last paragraph of the licence. Violation of any of these conditions will be prosecuted. You don't know if any kind of deal was made between these persons and Hum3d. You just assume they are "pirated." You have enough to worry about what's going on in your country. Maybe you should be more concerned with that than jumping to unsubstantiated conclusions. Guilty until proven innocent doesn't work here. 

Edited by my66s55
  • Like 1

So let's take a serious look at this new freedom license Hum3d uses. So. I purchase a 55 Dodge 4d from them. The file is 90% wrong. I make corrections and convert it to a 55 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer convertible. It's seriously screwed up. 85-90% is wrong. So I take my time' etc to fix it to be right, as mush as I can ascertain. Hum 3d, under their current  licence, my improvement belongs to them. If I make any file of there's 3d printable,  It belongs to them. Sorry Hum 3d, ain't happening. If I can get it free, I'm way ahead.

• Like 1

Don't sweat it, Doug. It's just hypocritical double standards and virtue signaling being put into play. The same people have no problem with casters who make resin copies of bodies and other parts using kits produced by assorted kit manufacturers and sell these items at ridiculous markups. Their justification is that the casters are providing a "commendable and necessary service" to the modeling community by making items that are hard to find or no longer available.

23 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Don't sweat it, Doug. It's just hypocritical double standards and virtue signaling being put into play. The same people have no problem with casters who make resin copies of bodies and other parts using kits produced by assorted kit manufacturers and sell these items at ridiculous markups. Their justification is that the casters are providing a "commendable and necessary service" to the modeling community by making items that are hard to find or no longer available.

Thanks  for the back up

23 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I would like to know if this source, and specifically the "file" is worth pursuing.  I asked one local guy, his printer is too small for starters.  Can it be done in 1/24?

Mercedes-Benz Ponton 180 W120 1953 3D model (Complete)

Kurt, It just needs to be scaled, i.e made to scale. Sign up for the  month subscription and download it Then contact me If what is needed ti to do If your friend has a small printer, I might print it for you

• Like 1