Model Cars Magazine Forum

31 Model A Coupe

Limeyglue

Got a Drag City Casting body from my friend so I started another project. So far I have  z'd the front of the frame and raised the rear kick up and made a new gearbox crossmember with some extra bracing. At first it was going to be fairly traditional, steel wheels, six carb nailhead but then I saw the red coupe online and ended up in another direction. The new wheels are from the Stone,Woods,Cook Willys  I'm also going to fit the injection to the engine instead of the carbs. About to start work on the floor for engine clearance. 

Thanks for looking 

Lee 

20210824_213039.jpg

003-1930-ford-highboy-coupe-georgeades.jpg

20210830_172355.jpg

20210830_172422.jpg

20210830_172523.jpg

20210903_084139.jpg

20210903_084200.jpg

4 hours ago, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

That's a nice start. I was thinking of picking one of those bodies, if they're still available. The visor looks a little droopy, though. -RRR

Its a really nice casting. The visor is a bit out of shape as its been stored in a hot attic at my friend's 

On 9/3/2021 at 3:27 PM, Limeyglue said:

Got a Drag City Casting body from my friend so I started another project. So far I have  z'd the front of the frame and raised the rear kick up and made a new gearbox crossmember with some extra bracing. At first it was going to be fairly traditional, steel wheels, six carb nailhead but then I saw the red coupe online and ended up in another direction. The new wheels are from the Stone,Woods,Cook Willys  I'm also going to fit the injection to the engine instead of the carbs. About to start work on the floor for engine clearance. 

Thanks for looking 

Lee 

20210824_213039.jpg

003-1930-ford-highboy-coupe-georgeades.jpg

20210830_172355.jpg

20210830_172422.jpg

20210830_172523.jpg

20210903_084139.jpg

20210903_084200.jpg

3 hours ago, Limeyglue said:

Its a really nice casting. The visor is a bit out of shape as its been stored in a hot attic at my friend's 

Excellent start. Very Clean looking.

13 hours ago, chris chabre said:

Eds work is 2nd to none. I have a big order in right now actually...Well a big order for me anyways haha

The coupe looks KILLER

side note, my friends Dave and Greg built the headers and some other stuff on that coupe you posted as inspiration

Totally agree. I have also built the 32 five window from him and have a three window waiting 

18 hours ago, Dennis Lacy said:

Bad Ass! The stance, wheels and tires and proportions are perfect. The injected Nailhead is the perfect choice. Nice clean work on the chassis mods, too. Very much looking forward to more!

Are you going to try and replicate the paint on the inspiration car?

Yep that's the plan hopefully 

6 minutes ago, Dennis Lacy said:

Nice! You might consider chopping off those macaroni elbows from the ends of the headers then opening up the ends. They look better that way (at least I think so.)

Was thinking that myself. I think it will suit the look I'm going for better. 

• 2 weeks later...