Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 49 Mercury

ModelcarJR

Thanks, Paul! I appreciate your comment! 

Finished the chassis and started detailing the dash.I wanted to use narrow white walls but I only had two so I put them on the front. Not going to see much of the rear tires anyway.  Not going to do much in the interior except the dash. My chrome pen crapped out on me so I just used some aluminum paint on the dash along with BMF. No two-tone interior this time. I was looking through my collection a bit and found a Ford in Root Beer with flames.  I don't even remember building this one and can't even remember what kit or year this is. Thanks for looking! 

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFx0KFMzIKDCMjee9OsGU2ESUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1631662224

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFxTHfvHaCe6ny9Oq-BbfOwzUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1631662227

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFzsKx9YEosoFSjx4FCMOZhUqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1631662224

Thanks, Carl, David and Bob! I appreciate your comments! 

This one is about finished. Interior is done so I wanted to test fit the body and everything looks good. I'm probably not going to add the flames as the paint looks pretty good.  I wanted to replace the taillights in this kit as the small bullets in the large bevel just don't do it for me. So I found some bigger bullet taillights that don't really fit but I thought I could mount them from inside and they would look OK.   Here's a few pics. Thanks for looking! 😎

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFwXmTXOtAppcDb6pQ6mc3bxrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1631819255

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFyeWc-cHW7Wu0WD91vnRvWD5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1631819257

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFzRxdLlFeGf3p84IMAxYLKuKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1631819254

enhance