Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished Fujimi Ken Miles /Lloyd Ruby


Recommended Posts

I finally finished this GT40 MkII. I know it does not have the correct parts but I like this version and there was a test car like this.

It was over all a nice kit. I did have some issues with the Indycals on the tires, they would just not lay down, even with several coats of Solvaset.

I am happy with it though.

Thanks , Mike

 

 

DSCN5860.JPG

DSCN5861.JPG

DSCN5862.JPG

DSCN5863.JPG

DSCN5864.JPG

DSCN5865.JPG

DSCN5859.JPG

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Gramps46 said:

Excellent build of this iconic racer.  Thanks for sharing your photos.

Thank You Gary. It has always been my favorite car since I saw one in person at a Ford dealer in 1967.

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mike, this looks fantastic! ... A very well done job indeed! ... And the tire decals look great!

Reguarding those same tire decals that I also applied recently I used a paper towel folded over three or so times so it was thick and cushy, then after putting the decal on the tire with lots of Solveset/Microsolve I carefully pushed the decal side firmly into the paper towel as it lay flat on the table. Worked great for me, maybe it will help someone else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Venom said:

Mike, this looks fantastic! ... A very well done job indeed! ... And the tire decals look great!

Reguarding those same tire decals that I also applied recently I used a paper towel folded over three or so times so it was thick and cushy, then after putting the decal on the tire with lots of Solveset/Microsolve I carefully pushed the decal side firmly into the paper towel as it lay flat on the table. Worked great for me, maybe it will help someone else.

Thanks so much and I will remember that trick next time. I am always afraid it will deform the decal , but these seem to be VERY thick.

Thanks , Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Fifer said:

Thanks so much and I will remember that trick next time. I am always afraid it will deform the decal , but these seem to be VERY thick.

Thanks , Mike

Yes, they really are thick.

PS, I’m surprised there haven’t been more responses on your build yet, as it is truely a stand out build... and the GT40 is such an icon... who can’t love em?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Venom said:

Yes, they really are thick.

PS, I’m surprised there haven’t been more responses on your build yet, as it is truely a stand out build... and the GT40 is such an icon... who can’t love em?!

Thanks . When we build models, they only have to please us but fun to share.

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

Well done.  I still have a half finished one sitting in the box.  Hopefully yours will inspire me to finish it.

The only issue was stretching the body out to get the frame in. It is a TIGHT fit.

Thanks , Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, TonyK said:

You did a great job! Always thought this was a strange paint scheme and wonder who came up with it.

From what I understand there were a lot of white cars in the class and the red was so that time keepers could make sure it was the correct car and GT40.

Thanks , Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Bainford said:

Gorgeous GT-40. Nice, clean construction. Well done.

Thanks Trevor. It was a good build but I think I will wait a while to build another.

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...