Model Cars Magazine Forum

What can I say? I’m a little obsessed with Bigfoot/Sasquatch. I really don’t know if I believe they exist or not. For me there is just not enough proof out there. Where are all the good trailcam photos of Bigfoot? Here in Minnesota and over in Wisconsin, there trail-cameras setup everywhere. And yet no really good photos of Bigfoot. 

Whether they’re real or not. I want them to be. The idea of a big cryptid hominid hanging out in the woods of North America. It fascinates me. Because of this I’ll buy just about anything related to them. 

A couple of years ago, I found this paper/cardboard Bigfoot Museum model for sale on line. I thought cool. It looked good in the photos. It was relatively inexpensive. Plus, made by a local person here in the Minneapolis suburb of Coon Rapids. And I like giving my business to local entrepreneurs. So I ordered one. 

It comes from Innovative Hobby Supply. 11610 Jay Street NW, Minneapolis, MN 55448. www.innovativehobbysupply.com. They many other buildings to choose from, other than the Bigfoot Museum. A lot kits in 1/64 scale. And in other scales too. 

It took me a couple of years to get around to building this kit. For a long time I was a little bit intimidated looking at it. It’s my first paper/cardboard mode kit. But once I got going, it wasn’t that hard to build overall. A little tedious cutting everything out. But general it builds and assembles pretty reasonably. It comes with everything you see in the photos. Excluding the two 1/64 scale cars I placed in the photos for prospective. It basically took all day yesterday, Saturday, September 4, 2021 to build. That includes time for parts to dry between sub assemblies, and doing other normal Saturday things. 

I have one mystery concerning this kit. One thing that came with the kit was a small bag of scale vegetation to enhance the model. I know I had the bag when I first started building the kit yesterday. But, later that evening I could not find it anywhere. And I looked everywhere. It’s just not to be found. Another mystery, dealing with elusive Bigfoot? 

B3358BFB-AC28-43B0-80A4-5A0FA91BA596.jpeg

F64CA57E-4766-4FA4-99EB-245BAAE38E13.jpeg

0575ACA2-E6E6-4FAF-9D31-23E62FCE2B2B.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

This is cool! Like you, I have an interest in these things too. If you ever get down to the North Georgia area (NNL coming up in November) give me a shout, we have a real Bigfoot Museum in Blue Ridge GA, I'll treat you to a visit. Your model actually resembles the real one. 

On 9/6/2021 at 6:03 AM, PappyD340 said:

Looks great!

19 hours ago, TooOld said:

Hah !  I like it !!  Brings back memories of "Harry and The Hendersons" !

19 hours ago, TonyK said:

That looks like a fun thing to build. You did a very nice job and I think you may have prompted me to get one myself. I always like to build something different from regular car models every now and then. Thanks for sharing.

10 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Now that is cool! 

Thank you. 

23 hours ago, roadhawg said:

This is cool! Like you, I have an interest in these things too. If you ever get down to the North Georgia area (NNL coming up in November) give me a shout, we have a real Bigfoot Museum in Blue Ridge GA, I'll treat you to a visit. Your model actually resembles the real one. 

I now have a place I can stay near Atlanta, for some old friends just moved down there. I’m afraid I just can’t go down this November for your NNL. But, thank you for the invite. 

• 2 weeks later...