Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 Cadillac, sitting low in pearl paint.

carbuilder1950

5 hours ago, carbuilder1950 said:

@Claude Thibodeau

Hi Claude

Been stashing resin kits and other hard to find kits for many years, like many others have. I'm a "DINASAUR in the hobby

and somehow saw this day coming when things would begin to disappear, so I started a stash for the future.

Boy has that paid off.  I didn't see this many changes coming, but probably like you, I put away what I liked. No regrets 

on what I didn't buy. I have more than enough to enjoy just like you probably do to.

Dave

Hi David!

I, too, have way more kits that I will likely build until I'm too old to do it right... But I try to justify myself by telling my wife: "since I do mostly mash-ups, divide the number of kits you see by two... That would be more representative of the future outcome from my stash". Somehow, so far, it keeps her calm...

CT 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TooOld said:

Beeeeautiful Caddy !  The '61 and also the '62 were so much better looking than the '59 . 

@TooOld

Your so ight. I like the '59 for it's sheer, in your face, gargantuousness!!

But the '61 and '62 have what I like to call "styling panache".

There are so many different elegant styling que's that keep your eye's moving around the car, to see all the genius

that was cleverly used to bring such a beautiful piece of art to it's final stages.