Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Ford Squire wagon

carbuilder1950

6 hours ago, TooOld said:

All that wood must have been a real bear to paint but you did an excellent job ! 

@TooOld

The taping was the real challenge, for the 2 coats of the lighter color of the light wood trim, before the wood grain was applied by hand.

First wood grain effort. Not sure I'd do it again🥴. It took days, and one tiny mistake would have ruined it all.

I wouldn't call it skill, as much as dumb luck 😄.

1 hour ago, Sledsel said:

Fantastic. I love the wood grain.

Obviously based off the old Revell wagon and not the crappy Del Rio.

@Sledsel Thank you.

Your not the first one to say that about it possible being from the Revell wagon, so I'm sure your re right.

Jimmy Flintstone did a beautiful Job making the body useable, and as having more than a couple of his bodies, I'd say from all the bodies I have purchased from him, this is one of his nicest that I have, but

His 4 door standard wagon is just as nice, if not even nicer. It's still waiting for some love in it's original box. I love resin as well as the plastic kits.

Edited by carbuilder1950

On 9/6/2021 at 10:18 AM, carbuilder1950 said:

This is a Jimmy Flintstone body that was very nice. Very little clean up, and all the chrome fit really nice.

I opened the hood, and gave it some hinges, and used a donor 1957 ford kit to complete it.

Woodgrain was a challenging process, but fun.

045.JPG

047.JPG

044.JPG

050.JPG

049.JPG

048.JPG

046.JPG

051.JPG

Great job!

On 9/10/2021 at 7:04 PM, carbuilder1950 said:

@Sledsel Thank you.

Your not the first one to say that about it possible being from the Revell wagon, so I'm sure your re right.

Jimmy Flintstone did a beautiful Job making the body useable, and as having more than a couple of his bodies, I'd say from all the bodies I have purchased from him, this is one of his nicest that I have, but

His 4 door standard wagon is just as nice, if not even nicer. It's still waiting for some love in it's original box. I love resin as well as the plastic kits.

Just by looking at it, the body flaws from the Del Rio (and Custom kit) are not there.

Beautiful build