Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Shelby GT500 (1:1 replica)

baycolony

This build is a replica of my 1:1 2013 Shelby GT500 Mustang.  The difficulty of this project was that the 1:1 has a "super snake" hood, unique Shelby wheels, and rear quarter window scoops.  For this undertaking the Revell 2010 kit was blended with the Plamoz 2013 transkit.  For the mods, I fabricated a hood scoop and blended it with the kit hood.  The side scoops are modified AMT 1967 Shelby scoops, and the wheels were obtained from a 3d printer.  The engine was embellished with scale plumbing. Below is a couple of pics of the 1:1 for comparison along with pics from the model.  Enjoy.

20200831_155227.thumb.jpg.012e1dcce2d51d7cfe0c8a4ec3ac27dd.jpg

20200719_185716.jpg

20200719_185450.jpg

13Shelby (1).jpg

13Shelby (3).jpg

13Shelby (7).jpg

13Shelby (8).jpg

13Shelby (11).jpg

13Shelby (13).jpg

13Shelby (15).jpg

• Like 2

Thanks guys, and Mr Rutland, the 3d printer is a gentlemen out of the Ukraine named Dmitry who runs a Facebook group called DiOlex Productions.  I found him through ebay where he sells some of his wheels and coordinated my order with him through FB.  He does custom orders as mine was and was very reasonable.  Check out some of his full 3d printed transkits while you are there.  He is doing some pretty incredible stuff.  My wheels were two different sizes (front and rear) and the detail is exact right down to the engraved "Shelby" insignia on the edges.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, baycolony said:

Thanks guys, and Mr Rutland, the 3d printer is a gentlemen out of the Ukraine named Dmitry who runs a Facebook group called DiOlex Productions.  I found him through ebay where he sells some of his wheels and coordinated my order with him through FB.  He does custom orders as mine was and was very reasonable.  Check out some of his full 3d printed transkits while you are there.  He is doing some pretty incredible stuff.  My wheels were two different sizes (front and rear) and the detail is exact right down to the engraved "Shelby" insignia on the edges.

I don’t have Facebook but I can use a friends to try to get a hold of Dmitry. I’ve got 20x9.5 & 20x11’s CS66 on my 07 Shelby and want to do the same as you and build a replica of my car. I’ve got CS3’s on my 19 GT in the same size that I’d also like to replicate. Hopefully Dmitry can help out. What did you use for a source for tires ? 

On 9/7/2021 at 8:51 PM, GoodbuildNY said:

I don’t have Facebook but I can use a friends to try to get a hold of Dmitry. I’ve got 20x9.5 & 20x11’s CS66 on my 07 Shelby and want to do the same as you and build a replica of my car. I’ve got CS3’s on my 19 GT in the same size that I’d also like to replicate. Hopefully Dmitry can help out. What did you use for a source for tires ? 

The tires on this model were included in the Plamoz transkit.  Two different sizes like the real car.