Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 4-door hardtop flat top Chevy Impala.

carbuilder1950

Sorry Guys. Somethin happened when posting. I'll try again.

Years ago, I ordered the resin roof and glass from Modelhaus, so that one day when I had the time, I could attempt this build.

Today, I posted the interior first, because the 1959 Chevy interior is one of my favorites, and because , for me, it came out so nice.

The interior color is a little darker than the body, as I like contrast, and yet I wanted the interior color to fit in with the body color.

Sorry I can't find any of the body conversion pics.

The only body mods was the addition of the roof and scribing and re-scribing the door lines, and making the side chrome fit as a stock 4 door, and I eliminated the separate chrome windshield frame and used the one that came with the roof section.

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

006.JPG

002.JPG

005.JPG

003.JPG

001.JPG

006.JPG

011.JPG

010.JPG

005.JPG

Edited by carbuilder1950
  • Like 3

• carbuilder1950 changed the title to 1959 4-door hardtop flat top Impala.
  • carbuilder1950 changed the title to 1959 4-door hardtop flat top Chevy Impala.
6 hours ago, ve safari said:

Fantastic, looks great. Also that green streamliner in the background looks interesting. Have you a thread on that you can point me to?

@ve safari

That's one of the many I have gotten a good start on, but has a ways to go.

No thread on it, as I sometimes don't even photograph or keep rack of my builds. At times my building is pretty prolific,

and I bounce around a lot from build to build, as things are drying, sometimes 10 or 12 builds at a time, and I'm having so much fun, the thought never occurs to me to photograph anything, or keep track of them - Sorry.

I just have my own goofy way of building.

• Like 1