Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Valiant effort...

bonehead23

Hey fellow model freaques! I added some finished photos of both Valiants. Please check them out.     The floor is littered with shreds of blue and white plastic, after getting the chassis, complete interior, firewall and fender wells from the Nova kit all fitting nicely. I didn't toss a coin to decide what stance to use, and even though some friends call Pro Street "rather dated" 90's look, a traditional gasser is 30 years older still! I do not like to cut up a good body unless I have to. Making it a gasser would mean no tubs and hogging out the wheel wells so the skinny slicks will stick out a mile, and some gasser models i have seen are just too high in front, and would be difficult to drive. You have to se the road in front of you!! So the nose comes down on the Nova suspension, and the tubs conceal the wide tires without hacking up the body. The Hemi from a Hurst Cuda better fit, but i don't know yet! A tranny from a Revell Superbird 440 was used because the Barracuda engine does not have one. Hope it fits in the hole; i may have to modify or remove the fender wells. The body is actually a '62 with the different taillights, and I used it because it was perfect. the '61 body in the box was butchered and I used parts from it. I might make a convertible out if the smoldering remains!

SANY0313.JPG

SANY0314.JPG

SANY0324.JPG

SANY0325.JPG

SANY0330.JPG

SANY0333.JPG

SANY0335.JPG

SANY0336.JPG

SANY0337.JPG

SANY0338.JPG

SANY0339.JPG

SANY0340.JPG

SANY0318.JPG

SANY0319.JPG

SANY0044.JPG

SANY0045 (2).JPG

SANY0046 (2).JPG

SANY0047 (2).JPG

SANY0048 (3).JPG

SANY0049 (2).JPG

SANY0050 (2).JPG

SANY0071.JPG

SANY0072.JPG

SANY0073.JPG

SANY0074.JPG

SANY0076.JPG

SANY0077.JPG

SANY0078.JPG

SANY0079.JPG

SANY0080.JPG

Edited by bonehead23
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...

Cool. I've always been a little fond of the quirky styling of these cars.

When I was in high school in the early 1970s, (San Fernando High in SoCal) my school was overflowing with lowriders. Not many of us were into go-fast cars. But one guy bought a '62 Valiant 2 door. Replaced the slant 6 with a 426 hemi with tunnel ram, Dana 60 rear axle, modified front suspension, roll cage, 12" cheater slicks, and lots of drag racing bits. The original deck had the fakey continental kit. He found a plain one as shown on these models and put that on. Painted the car bright yellow. Was a great deal like the green one above. Had permission from the Principal to do occasional burnouts in the driveway past the cafeteria at lunch time. Same Principal also promoted a lowrider car show with hydraulic lift hopping competition on the PE field.

Edited by DustyMojave