Model Cars Magazine Forum

COLORS BY BOYD BOTTLE PAINT

I have several bottles of "Colors by Boyd" paint. By Model Masters or Testers. Not sure which.

I want to get more but can't find it anywhere.

Can anybody tell me where I can get it from? That and maybe "House of Colors" in quantities for models..

Thanks in advance.

Had to evacuate for "IDA" and looking for things to do.

You might want more; but, you ain't gonna get them. "Colors by Boyd" bottle paint was discontinued back in the late 1990s. Testors dropped its entire hobby paint line earlier this year, with the exception of the cheesy little 1/4 oz. square bottles.

Edited by SfanGoch

1 hour ago, SfanGoch said:

You might want more; but, you ain't gonna get them. "Colors by Boyd" bottle paint was discontinued back in the late 1990s. Testors dropped its entire hobby paint line earlier this year, with the exception of the cheesy little 1/4 oz. square bottles.

Thanks for the quick reply. You mentioned 1/4 oz bottles. Do know where I can some of those?

Just so you don't get your hopes up, those cheesy 1/4 oz. bottles are not Colors by Boyd. They are the same old Testors PLA enamel paints Testors always sold (for probably over 50 years now).

Testors also sold Colors by Boyd in 1/2 oz. round glass bottles,  but those are also likely as rare as the cans.

12 hours ago, DavidChampagne said:

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Did not realize the ones I have are that old.

Guess I was out of modeling longer than I thought.

There is a couple of colors in the 1/4 bottles one is Sunburt and the other is the teal. I bought them a couple months ago. You can find it on eBay but at at a higher cost..