Model Cars Magazine Forum

Someone Reacted

Brutalform

17 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

They could also edit and delete all superfluous content from the text their quoting from and just leave the actual sentence they're commenting on. 

Too hard? 

Must be considering the large number of replies which contain every stinkin' photo found in the original quoted post. Then, there will be others immediately following doing the same thing.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

One thing that annoys me is when someone reacts to a post of mine, is it doesn't show what kind of reaction was left. What's the point in that?

But, I can see the type of reactions others have left in everyone else's posts. It's like everyone else knows the reaction your post got except for you. The reactions are completely anonymous to the person getting the reaction. Again, what's the point? 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

One thing that annoys me is when someone reacts to a post of mine, is it doesn't show what kind of reaction was left. What's the point in that?

But, I can see the type of reactions others have left in everyone else's posts. It's like everyone else knows the reaction your post got except for you. The reactions are completely anonymous to the person getting the reaction. Again, what's the point? 

You should be able to see what kind of reaction, and how many tagged you with it.  The "reactions" are shown on the bottom right of your post that was "reacted to".  You should see one or more of the 4 icons, along with a count of how many people tagged your post with that "reaction".  If you hover over each (of using a mouse), it should describe which emotion it is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, peteski said:

You should be able to see what kind of reaction, and how many tagged you with it.  The "reactions" are shown on the bottom right of your post that was "reacted to".  You should see one or more of the 4 icons, along with a count of how many people tagged your post with that "reaction".  If you hover over each (of using a mouse), it should describe which emotion it is.

I use a tablet. So, no mouse.

• Haha 2

My view, for what it's worth....... I always try to make the effort to compose a meaningful and relevant response to a topic that a member has gone to the trouble of posting, when I have been reading their detailed explanation and studied their photos. As long as I have something to say that is complimentary about their important project, then I do think about what I am saying. The ' Like ' button, as someone mentioned, is jut plain lazy...... It is there for those who cannot be bothered to type an intelligent commentary.

Sorry to be so blunt about the ' Like ' button people, but that is my honest opinion. This is one of many reasons why I do not like Facebook (no pun intended)

David

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Anglia105E said:

...... It is there for those who cannot be bothered to type an intelligent commentary.

Sorry to be so blunt about the ' Like ' button people, but that is my honest opinion. This is one of many reasons why I do not like Facebook (no pun intended)

David

So, what your saying is that people who use the like button are "stupid"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Painted Black said:

I think that’s a bit of a stretch.

I think what he’s saying is that if you really “like” something, don’t you want people to “know” that you like it?

If I react to something, I want that person to know that it was me that was reacting.

I guess unless it’s a bad reaction.

Then I suppose that it’s beneficial to be able to “hide” behind the anonymity.

That’s not necessarily stupid, but it is cowardly.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Painted Black said:

No Robert, that is not what I am saying...... I do not think the people who use the like button are stupid, but I am saying that they are LAZY

How long does it take to hit the ' Like ' button, and how long does it take to type a well worded response message? See what I mean?

David

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Bugatti Fan said:

Robert.........I don't think that David was making any suggestion that people using the like button are stupid, but that they just cannot be bothered to reply in words.

Thank you Noel, and whereas Robert has sadly missed the point, you have understood my point exactly.

David

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It is there for those who cannot be bothered to type an intelligent commentary.*

If you had not said "intelligent" and just said can't be bothered to reply, I would have to agreed.  But its that word that bothers me, do we all have to be intelligent to reply?*

I'm done here...you guy's enjoy your intelligent commentary.

Definition of intelligent

1a: having or indicating a high or satisfactory degree of intelligence and mental capacity
b: revealing or reflecting good judgment or sound thought : SKILLFUL
2a: possessing intelligence
b: guided or directed by intellect : RATIONAL

Edited by Painted Black
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Anglia105E said:

No Robert, that is not what I am saying...... I do not think the people who use the like button are stupid, but I am saying that they are LAZY

How long does it take to hit the ' Like ' button, and how long does it take to type a well worded response message? See what I mean?

David

Not lazy, just efficient.  Sometimes one can react (like, sad, confused, etc) to a post or a photo and there is nothing else to add.    Like/etc buttons have been standard functionality on internet groups/forums and social media for ages, it's just late coming here... nothing new. 

Edited by Rob Hall
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Not lazy, just efficient.  Sometimes one can react (like, sad, confused, etc) to a post or a photo and there is nothing else to add.    Like/etc buttons have been standard functionality on internet groups/forums and social media for ages, it's just late coming here... nothing new. 

"Efficient?!" I Love it!  That has to be one of the greatest excuses of all times. :D :D

And I'm going to go and give you all 3 flavors of "likes" that are available!!  Way to go Rob!

EDIT: Darn!  I can only give one of the three.  Not fair!! I gave you a nice trophy - thanks for the laugh.

Edited by peteski
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Not very efficient if it’s ignored.

Steve

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

It's more like lazy. Emoticons encourage laziness. Besides, if someone can't be bothered to reply with words, why even bother using emoticons? That's at least .002 seconds that they could have used doing something vastly more important.

“I like that”.

Whew, that was tough! 😉

Steve

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Interesting, however, is that all the "confused" response almost universally demonstrates is that the person using it can't read and comprehend simple English.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
TYPO
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• Xingu locked this topic