Model Cars Magazine Forum

Someone Reacted

Brutalform

On 9/21/2021 at 4:01 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Interesting, however, is that all the "confused" response almost universally demonstrates is that the person using it can't read and comprehend simple English.

It could also be due to some people just trying to create confusion on purpose, or they are just giving one of the available "likes" strictly as a joke.  In either case, being able to see who left those "likes" would be a great deterrent for any mischievous deeds.

Edited by peteski
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Don't get too serious guys!   Lighten up!

I can sense most of us just  having a bit of a laugh on this thread.I

Sadly these days humour seems to have dropped off the agenda generally, so a light hearted thread like this one does nobody any harm.

Excessive use of the like button is a very, very serious life changing .matter!       Not!

LOL and keep them coming guys!

Me?   I'm just a serious modeller who doesn't take himself too seriously!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Xingu said:

So what you guys are saying.....is that you don't like the anonymous reactions.

Might have to add that to our "Premium Feature" list, if we ever have to make this a pay site.

Oh look, a squirrel...

I doubt anyone wants to know who left a reaction that bad. Turning this forum into a pay site will be a good way to kill it off quick.   

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Xingu said:

So what you guys are saying.....is that you don't like the anonymous reactions.

Absolutely not!  You are correct.  What good is it to see bunch of anonymous tags on your posts?   It makes no sense. I'm not on FB, but I've been told that there you can see who gave you those thumbs-up (or down). That makes more sense.

Dave said earlier that the tags are anonymous to prevent friction between members.  That makes no sense either.  Why would someone who dislikes the person who posted the message (or entire thread) tag the post with one of the kudos tags?  If tags were not available, that person would likely not post a "I like the model" post either.  The whole thing (and the logic behind the anonymity) is totally wacko!  Sounds like the technology to expose the info abotu the taggers is there - you should enable it.  If it really starts causing issues - disable it. Period!

• Confused 5

5 minutes ago, peteski said:

Dave said earlier that the tags are anonymous to prevent friction between members.  That makes no sense either.  Why would someone who dislikes the person who posted the message (or entire thread) tag the post with one of the kudos tags? 

Plenty of scenarios where one might like the model posted, but not the modeler.  Or the modeler may not like people that like their models.  A forum is like high school, lots of petty infighting amidst cliques. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Plenty of scenarios where one might like the model posted, but not the modeler.  Or the modeler may not like people that like their models.  A forum is like high school, lots of petty infighting amidst cliques. 

And anonymous "likes" allow the modelers not liking each-other to like each-other's models.  Really?  Is this what we really want? That is just so silly! One of the stupidest things I have seen implemented here.

Edited by peteski
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, peteski said:

And anonymous "likes" allow the modelers not liking each-other to like each-other's models.  Really?  Is this what we really want? That is just so silly! One of the stupidest things I have seen implemented here.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but if I see something I like, I’m going to say so, whether I like the modeler or not.

And if I do, I personally don’t care if they like me or value my opinion or not.

If they can’t take a compliment based upon who it came from, that’s their issue.

But, in any case, I’m going to voice that opinion and not wimp out with a like button.

Nobody ever mandated that we have to respond to every post, so therefore we can only find the time to click on a like button.

If you’re really impressed with something, isn’t it worth a “real” response?

Whether the person using the like button intended it this way or not, I look at “likes”’ as more of a “I kind of like it, but it’s not worth any effort on my part”

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

This is crazy.

The best comment eg. the best tip or advice should receive the most likes.

Therefore reducing the need to repeat the same comment flooding the thread and confusing the OP.

If your advice is not the best or in the view of the general community it’ll get confused responses. It’s not that hard.

Maybe if your getting confused, take a break from posting. As you said Steve you don’t need to respond to every post on here. There’s no need to keep a topic going just to have the last word when best answer has been given  and is receiving members agreeing (liking it)

Anonymous reactions are best. It avoids member getting a complex or feeling like their targeted. I mean we post on here to help and contribute to the forum, not to discourage people. 

Edited by Sandboarder
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

I think some of yalls need to get a hobby............oh wait..............

Anyways, getting upset over anonymous likes? yikes!,  It must be really nice to have nothing else going in ones life to be able to devote time and energy to disliking an getting upset over it. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I won't get into whether or not someone thinks that a discussion should continue or not, what they consider the best answer, or who's entitled to the last word, but the "confused" comments that I made were a joke made to highlight the severe confusion that seems rampant in this thread among the people who are using the like button. 

I always find it quite amusing how every time a discussion emerges, however it may happen, someone always comes along and tries to tell us that it's somehow an illegitimate topic and should be quashed.

It's simple folks, if you don't want to participate in the conversation.....don't.

But please, don't tell me that I can't.

I'll take censoring from the moderators, but I won't from another member.

You're allowed to voice your opinion, and your opinion has the same validity as everyone else's.

I respect your opinion, please have the courtesy to respect mine.

Steve

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I'll take censoring from the moderators, but I won't from another member.

You're allowed to voice your opinion, and your opinion has the same validity as everyone else's.

I respect your opinion, please have the courtesy to respect mine.

Steve

Chill out. That wasn’t personal.

Im just saying for example if someone asks about thinning ratios and the post saying 1:1 gets 5 likes and the post saying 1:6 gets confused faces. Then it’s obvious who had the best advice or if a member is ranting off topic, they might get confused face as the other members participating in the thread don’t understand why such comments are made. 

Not every post needs a reply, that’s just reality (You brought up that point). Your entitled to contribute to the threads topic but it’s rude to hi-jack a thread and get of topic as I have seen on many other forums (If you want to do that, then make you own thread). These little reaction faces are a polite way to express this without causing an public argument. 

Maybe you have upset someone and they trolling you for fun or people are generally confused by why you post something. I don’t know, I’m just expressing a voice of opinion and participating in the discussion. 

Again I’m talking in general, only the first line is directed at you Steve. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Sandboarder said:

Chill out. That wasn’t personal.

I'm very chill, and my comments about censorship that you quoted were not directed at you either.

They're just my general feelings about what always seems to conspire when a thread evolves in it's scope, which they almost inevitably will.

Rather than discuss aspects of the topic at hand, inevitably, someone always winds up berating others simply because of participation, and because they feel that the thread is not to their liking, it should go away. 

25 minutes ago, Sandboarder said:

Maybe you have upset someone and they trolling you for fun

That's part of my point.

Anonymous emoticons are a perfect vehicle for this sort of thing.

If that's how some will treat them, (and they will) I'm just saying have the guts to face me, or keep your funny little faces to yourself. 

Isn't it obvious that if a "confused" emoticon can mean several different things, or a "laughing" one can mean that someone is laughing with you, or laughing at you, it really doesn't mean anything, does it?

If I don't know what you mean by it, what good is it?

Steve

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Anonymous emoticons are a perfect vehicle for this sort of thing.

If that's how some will treat them, (and they will) I'm just saying have the guts to face me, or keep your funny little faces to yourself. 

Isn't it obvious that if a "confused" emoticon can mean several different things, or a "laughing" one can mean that someone is laughing with you, or laughing at you, it really doesn't mean anything, does it?

If I don't know what you mean by it, what good is it?

Steve

You are right there. Maybe if you suspect that it’s trolling and not genuine confusing maybe stop and reflect on who you may have upset in conversation over the past weeks or months. I don’t know what else to say about that.

You know what they say, sarcasm isn’t portrayed well in the monotone and emotionless internet and keyboard universe. 

I appreciate your honesty and thanked your last comment to show that. While I’m not worried about the anonymous aspect, I respect that some are bothered. I have more important things to worry about tho so I just hope to share my point of view on the matter. 

Let’s just keep the forum light hearted and keep the hobby fun. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Oh!  The irony of all this discussion swinging from just having a laugh to being serious debate.

I think I will further reply with a sermon, no, an essay, or perhaps an emoticon, or what the heck, just press a like button!

I think I'm in danger of getting serious. Not!    LOL!

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

• Xingu locked this topic