Model Cars Magazine Forum

Someone Reacted

Brutalform

12 hours ago, Sandboarder said:

Maybe if you suspect that it’s trolling and not genuine confusing maybe stop and reflect on who you may have upset in conversation over the past weeks or months

Ha!! 😄

Like I care!

There are people on this board that I don’t get along with, and they don’t get along with me, and in most cases, I wouldn’t have it any other way!

These emoticons just give me another excuse to ignore the same people in a new format! 😁

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The absurdity of it all. The like button is meaningless without knowing who reacted. Yet we have people coming up with silly justifications how this somehow makes sense.

The only thing I care about is that I can turn the silly, meaningless notifications off. Have fun with your silly emojis and pointless some one reacted.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

The absurdity of it all. The like button is meaningless without knowing who reacted. Yet we have people coming up with silly justifications how this somehow makes sense.

The only thing I care about is that I can turn the silly, meaningless notifications off. Have fun with your silly emojis and pointless some one reacted.

Am I in the silly category or non silly? :D

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, RichCostello said:

I can't believe that this has generated 6 pages of responses! Forget about it already!

If it gets to 10 I win $100.

It's not truly anonymous, the mods can see them (I guess that is a default setting). Like I said awhile back, when Dave gets down to this portion of his list of things to do, we will look at it again. There are more important things to keep up on, like the ads that get out of control, than worrying about changing settings or removing the reactions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

There are many far less interesting threads which have generated dozens of pages' worth of responses with no end in sight.

Bingo!

If you’re not interested, move on.

Nobody’s forcing anyone’s participation, and it’s nobody’s place to tell anyone else that they have to “forget about it”.

Steve

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

How to: Stop Saying “Like” and Immediately Sound Smarter
  1. Learn how to use "like" correctly. ...
  2. Pause when you would say "like." ...
  3. Ask others to help you. ...
  4. Record yourself. ...
  5. Replace "like" with another word. ...
  6. Know the most common ways "like" is misused. ...
  7. Learn new words. ...
  8. Challenge yourself

David  ( the last post..... Not )

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Anglia105E said:
How to: Stop Saying “Like” and Immediately Sound Smarter
  1. Learn how to use "like" correctly. ...
  2. Pause when you would say "like." ...
  3. Ask others to help you. ...
  4. Record yourself. ...
  5. Replace "like" with another word. ...
  6. Know the most common ways "like" is misused. ...
  7. Learn new words. ...
  8. Challenge yourself

David  ( the last post..... Not )

Definitely the best post so far.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

As far as the "the last word". I believe that that belongs in the off topic section along with the other meaningful games such as number and alphabet.

Thank you!.... I agree, especially on the Alphabet topic which I don’t believe anyone has figured out the true purpose of yet, and judging by what I’ve seen here, no one ever will.🤠

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, RichCostello said:

I can't believe that this has generated 6 pages of responses! Forget about it already!

I agree. I got my answer pretty quick when I posted this thread. Then I messed up turning that feature off, but then finally got it done correctly. I’m just happy that I was able to tailor my account to MY preferences. When I see or read a topic I don’t agree with, I usually just scroll on by. I can usually tell that if I post a response, and it might start a bit of trouble, it’s really not worth it. Life is too short, and I pick and choose my battles.  Different strokes for different folks. But yea, I’m surprised it has gone on for 6 pages. But if people have something to talk about, I say go for it. 

Edited by Brutalform
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

• Xingu locked this topic