Model Cars Magazine Forum

Someone Reacted

Brutalform

2 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

My goodness! The verbal wrangling goes on and on in this thread, doesn't it just!

Good job most of the replies to the posts are actually in words as it has been a very amusing read.

I think I might now feel the need to use the like button, or no, maybe an emoticon or........?

Maybe we all just need to agree to differ.

Ahh what the hell!     Nobody will take any notice this post anyway.       LOL guys!

😂 😀 😊 😀😁😃😄😅😆😇😇

Thumbs Up.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Modelbuilder Mark said:

I have to just add my 3 cents here, and you can feel free to be like my wife, and completely disregard it if you want. 

A few things to consider...

First, sometimes folks on this forum view posts on other devices than a computer, and without a proper keyboard typing something may not be the best option at that moment. I still want to be able to give people kudos or encouragement, even if I can't type something out. 

Some folks are simply not as "chatty" as others. There are a lot of members here that have been here a long time, and despite frequently logging in, have a fraction of content that others have. They may be no less interested in the hobby than you or I, and certainly of no less value than any other member because they do not type as much. 

To those that are against the reaction options, do tell me, have you never flipped someone the bird, given a friend a high five, or given someone a thumbs up for that sweet ride their in? Those are "reactions" in non-verbal communication. Was it because at THAT moment, it just seemed the most appropriate thing to do? How is that different? 

To me, not "liking" the reaction buttons is fine, but calling someone lazy for using it, or basically insulting those that use them, is just one more way of saying that someone that uses it is "wrong", and "THEY" must have a problem. Why not appreciate that person that took the time to like all 10 of your pictures rather than complain about them? At least acknowledged that they took the time to look at all your pictures, and maybe all 10 DID appeal to them, and they wanted you to know. Take it as the "good will" that it intended, and move along. it comes across very much like the "cool" kids laughing at someone who is actually inspired by them. 

I see people here who's skills and models I respect, but sometimes the responses and treatment of others is just downright ugly. Most of us come here for what we have in common, a model place to share ideas, inspiration, support etc. but lately, it is laden with tons of snarky responses, comments that are clearly discouraging, or comments about why the "other person's way" of doing something is wrong, or just down right discouraging. Don't we all get enough of that carp in the "real world" already? I know I do.

100% agree. Pretty much summed it all up perfectly. Very well said, thanks for putting in to words I wouldnt have been able to come up with.

4 hours ago, peteski said:

At this point I continue to post here strictly for amusement. Fun, fun fun!

What ever keeps you entertained I guess, some prefer the discussion. Each enjoy it in their own way.

Most of us have fun, fun, fun building something and sharing what we have been up to. Well thats my reason for coming to this forum to share and observe model cars being built.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

Most of us have fun, fun, fun building something and sharing what we have been up to. Well thats my reason for coming to this forum to share and observe model cars being built.

Sure, but we can also have written interaction about other things.  This section is not about models (neither is the Off Topic section), and we are still discussing the forum's functionality (presenting our views on the subject of the newly introduced features).

6 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Well said, Peter........ Are we all done now?

Do we have to be? :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, peteski said:

Sure, but we can also have written interaction about other things.  This section is not about models (neither is the Off Topic section), and we are still discussing the forum's functionality (presenting our views on the subject of the newly introduced features).

Do we have to be? :(

No, we don't have to be all done..... it was just a humorous expression !  Sorry.

David

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The point is we are having a discussion. Doubt like buttons and emojis would allow us to communicate that well.

3 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I’d be happy if they enacted identity to reactions. This is the only board I’m on that doesn’t.

Exactly. Although I'm not a fan of the like button. However knowing who's made a comment adds relevance. If its a shortcut it simply has no meaning without identifying made the "comment". Would it make sense to block the identity when writing comments?

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

And the Like Button Saga continues ad infinitum!   

Keep the pot boiling guys! ☢️☣️ LOL 

I think I will get back to making.........🚋🚌🚐🚑🚒🚓🚗🚙🚚🚛🚜🏎️🏍️

IMO, this thread is much more fun than those super lengthy  "Once Upon a Time", and now "Numbers" and "Letters" threads in the Off Topic section. At least here we are discussing something real and meaningful.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, peteski said:

IMO, this thread is much more fun than those super lengthy  "Once Upon a Time", and now "Numbers" and "Letters" threads in the Off Topic section. At least here we are discussing something real and meaningful.

I’ll agree with that.

At least this topic has implications of how the forum will work going forward.

I can’t get into the threads such as you mentioned above.

If I have that much time to spend on something, there’s no doubt that it is time better spent in the shop.

It’s funny though how you never see anybody demanding that “enough is enough” with useless topics such as those.

I get it guys, before anybody jumps down my throat for saying that, you’re having fun.

Well, some of us have fun discussing topics with a little more substance.

Steve

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I actually did complain in regards to the endless celebrity  obits and the  silly pointless games. I've participated occasionly but it does wear thin after a while.

Does one no good , the standard answer is just ignore it. Thats why I ask how to filter out that clutter so I can read the topics I'm interested in.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/19/2021 at 3:34 AM, SSNJim said:

Try this to filter. I use a similar method to view the forums every time I visit. I did test it by eliminating the Off-Topic forums, and it doesn't show the Off-Topic, um, topics. 

Activity > My Activity Streams > Create New Stream
Give it a title. Whatever you want, no one will see it.
Content Types > Topics > Hit the down arrow on the right.
A Narrow by Forums selection box will appear. Pull down the arrow in that.
Select all the Forums you want to see. When done, click outside the box. All forums you selected will be listed.
Save Changes in the lower right corner.

To use it, select Activity > My Activity Streams > name of your new activity. 

You can also edit/change it when you have the activity selected. There will be several boxes just below the name of the activity at the top of the screen.

You can have several activities saved, and use them whenever you like.

Thanks to ssnjim for supplying this info. This allows one to choose the content they wish to read.

• Confused 1

I was just going through this thread again, and I decided to look and see what kind of emoticons were being used so far.

I had to laugh to myself about some of them.

I understand that the options are limited, but it appears that there is at least one of the "like button" users who is very "confused".

As an example, in a previous post, I said to a fellow board member that he shouldn't apologize for giving his opinion, and I got a "confused" emoticon.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what's confusing about that.

I guess you could say that I'm confused about the confusion. ^_^

Steve 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I was just going through this thread again, and I decided to look and see what kind of emoticons were being used so far.

I had to laugh to myself about some of them.

I understand that the options are limited, but it appears that there is at least one of the "like button" users who is very "confused".

As an example, in a previous post, I said to a fellow board member that he shouldn't apologize for giving his opinion, and I got a "confused" emoticon.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what's confusing about that.

I guess you could say that I'm confused about the confusion. ^_^

Steve 

And someone thinks almost every post is funny. 😒 I'm just glad I found out how to turn the reaction notifications off. 👍

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

And someone thinks almost every post is funny. 😒 I'm just glad I found out how to turn the reaction notifications off. 👍

Yeah, I thought about doing that too, but then I decided that it's just as easy to ignore them.

Until they start to reveal the identity of the poster of these reactions, they don't mean a whole heck of a lot to me.

I can just see them becoming something to hide behind.

Steve

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/21/2021 at 3:01 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Interesting, however, is that all the "confused" response almost universally demonstrates is that the person using it can't read and comprehend simple English.

I had forgotten that you posted this before my last post Bill, but it's pretty close to my reaction. ^_^

What I don't get is that if you are truly confused, wouldn't it be more useful to actually "ask a question"? :rolleyes:

Steve

• Confused 3

• Xingu locked this topic