Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Little Different '32 Ford

Dave Armstrong

5 minutes ago  
Quote Edit like
Post Options

Post by DAVE ARMSTRONG on 5 minutes ago

This is NOT meant to be a replica of the Silver Sapphire or Aurora Ram-Rod, though it has some similarities. I saw a 1:1 '32 Ford Hiboy with close fenders, liked it, so I incorporated that with a couple other ideas in this kitbash.

I used a resin chopped '32 Ford 3 window coupe body, front grille from the '32 Ford from the AMT '32 Ford/'40 Willys double kit. Fenders from the AMT '25 Ford kit. Resin wheels; engine, headers, tires from the parts box. Paint is a white primer, silver base coat, and Tamiya Light Pearl Blue, Navy Blue fenders.

Not perfect but I think it came out ok, and another project checked off the list.

DSC03838.JPG

DSC03842.JPG

DSC03844.JPG

DSC03845.JPG

DSC03849.JPG

Edited by Dave Armstrong

I like the way you brought the different parts together here. Great looking paint finish and color. Nice detailing the injector stacks in a different shade of blue. There was a time many years ago that many states required some sort of fenders even on hot rods. Many may still. Being inventive guys started putting motor cycle fenders on their cars to get around the laws, and a new styling trend resulted. By painting them black or a very dark color they almost become invisible.