Model Cars Magazine Forum

\ Alternate Wheels & Tyres for Foose FD-100 ?

I took the plunge , and grabbed a factory-sealed Foose FD-100 via eBay , as I've wanted one ever since seeing many awesome build-ups on this forum .

The only "complaint" that I have -- and it's not a knock at Chip's design nor execution -- is the tyres and wheels . I just can't bring myself to use the kit's wheels , as they're too , um , modern for my taste . Now , are there any kits or aftermarket  ( Pegasus ? ) wheels which will fit with little to no wrestling and modifying ? 

Please share photos and links / sources .

Thanks much !

• Like 1

I did a wheel swap on that kit awhile ago using the wheels from the Revell 57 Chevy Snap Tite Max. I don't recall having a big problem doing that. Can't show you because I don't have it anymore. Not sure those wheels would be more to your liking. I'm working on that kit now but using the kit wheels. I just painted the spokes.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cobraman said:

I did a wheel swap on that kit awhile ago using the wheels from the Revell 57 Chevy Snap Tite Max. I don't recall having a big problem doing that. Can't show you because I don't have it anymore. Not sure those wheels would be more to your liking. I'm working on that kit now but using the kit wheels. I just painted the spokes.

Thanks much for your recommendation . The wheels from the Revell Snap-Tite  '57 Chevy do look quite nice -- I'll peruse eBay to see if anyone's got one they've parted-out .

Depending on what style you're wishing to build there is no reason you couldn't use wheels from most any other kit. You could use painted steel wheels or chrome. Looking at the options from all the kits out there I'm sure you could find something you like better. Save the Foose wheels for a future build of something else or trade with some on the forum. 

On 9/18/2021 at 9:04 AM, Plowboy said:

John, when you figure out what wheels and tires you want, send me a PM and I'll do a trade with you. 

Not a Foose '56. But, it may give you an idea.

20200623_193619-1.jpg.6fdc7ee73828559f0891a38f9ea03d4f.jpg

On 9/19/2021 at 5:33 PM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi John!

I used the Lindberg Cord 812 rollingstock on this Foose "food truck" scratchbuilt. I liked the proportions and the way they filled the openings. Just my two cents...

CT 

DSC00694 (2).JPG

Thank you , one and all for your replies and for your generous offerings . I apologise for my tardy replies ; I have no excuse for my tardiness .

I love LOVE that customised AMT 1953 F-100 , @Plowboy !  Your works are inspirational , to say the least .

The Cord wheels / tyres look fantastic on your customised Foose FD-100 , @Claude Thibodeau! Love the concept and the execution ! 

I found the wheels & tyres package I was desiring . Yes , they're of a contemporary nature ( big-diameter wheels , low-profile tyres ) , but of vintage design ; they resemble Fenton 'Sharks' to an obvious degree . 

Thanks again , one and all !