Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ads that have to make you laugh

bobthehobbyguy

On 9/17/2021 at 9:15 PM, bobthehobbyguy said:

Recently I've been seeing banner ads for extremely high wrist watchs. Several for $1.8 and $1.3 million. Boy they definitely don't understand the market for modelers.

Please share any ads you find entertaing in this thread.

I keep getting these too. I figured it's because I'm on the Watchuseek forum and always browsing Jomashop and EBay (I'm a watch collector, but not $1.8 million watches!).  

Anyway, the Chevy Silverado "Walter" ad is one of my favorites.

https://youtu.be/iHTi7PBJLnk

12 hours ago, slusher said:

Some don’t like it but ,

The Liberty Emu on the treadmill has gave me plenty laughs along with the helicopter new one…

How about when he's asked if he wants chicken at the backyard BBQ ? He just makes that sound. 

One of my favorites, I think was a Pizza ad.  The fellow drives into his snow-covered drive.  Just as he steps out of the car a limb falls on it and crushes the top.  He runs to the back to make sure his pizza is alright.  While walking to the house he slips and falls on the sidewalk dumping his pizza.

2 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

The State Farm commercial with the girl Parker delivering pizza. Aside from being really cute.. I always laugh at “and a side of ranch”.

Sound like the latest NBA 2022 Game has in game ads and Jake has made it into those!

https://kotaku.com/uh-jake-from-state-farm-is-in-nba-2k22-1847658431

5 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I cannot stand those stupid Liberty Mutual Ads. I never thought I'd ever see ads that made me miss Flo and her idiot friends, but these do. And the stupid lizard is almost charming by comparison. 

Snake 🐍 I do respect you brother but progressive and Flo have been missing the mark for a long time with the sign spinner and ect.  Every once in a while something funny comes along that makes us laugh. Like mentioned above about the Chevy truck and the cat. Not trying to annoy you friend..

5 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

One of my favorites, I think was a Pizza ad.  The fellow drives into his snow-covered drive.  Just as he steps out of the car a limb falls on it and crushes the top.  He runs to the back to make sure his pizza is alright.  While walking to the house he slips and falls on the sidewalk dumping his pizza.

Is this it Ricky 

One of the funniest adds came from waaaay back in the 60's.  A VW commercial showing a "Bug" going up a fancy drive, it comes to a stop, and Wilt Chamberlin gets out. Watching that much man get out of that little bit of a car was just funny, not to mention it sold a whole lot of Beetles.  

I think it was Farmers that had a commercial with a little boy playing on the sidewalk in front of the family two store house. He has a maybe 1/18th scale truck he's playing with when you hear the roar of an engine and the unmistakable sound of some sort of vehicle impact and the next thing you see is a full size Ford 4x4 fly through the air and land on the second story roof over the garage. Or the guy waiting in the drive thru line at the bank playing the drums on the steering wheel in time to the radio. He takes his foot off the brakes and rams the corner of the building setting fire to the car. Who wouldn't like to see a guy who wears is sweater over his shoulder like a cape get out of his red convertible just in time for a fresh load of cement to be dumped into it.  The Subaru dogs are still my all time favorites. The "dad" notices the French Poodle in the cross walk and the "mother" growls ay him.  

2 hours ago, espo said:

I think it was Farmers that had a commercial with a little boy playing on the sidewalk in front of the family two store house. He has a maybe 1/18th scale truck he's playing with when you hear the roar of an engine and the unmistakable sound of some sort of vehicle impact and the next thing you see is a full size Ford 4x4 fly through the air and land on the second story roof over the garage. Or the guy waiting in the drive thru line at the bank playing the drums on the steering wheel in time to the radio. He takes his foot off the brakes and rams the corner of the building setting fire to the car. Who wouldn't like to see a guy who wears is sweater over his shoulder like a cape get out of his red convertible just in time for a fresh load of cement to be dumped into it. 

Yah, it was Farmers and yah, they were all funny ONCE. They get progressively less funny with each of hundreds of re-viewings. 

To be fair, Farmers isn't as bad about this as Liberty, who are just THE WORST for repetition. 

On 9/20/2021 at 10:53 AM, Snake45 said:

Yah, it was Farmers and yah, they were all funny ONCE. They get progressively less funny with each of hundreds of re-viewings. 

To be fair, Farmers isn't as bad about this as Liberty, who are just THE WORST for repetition. 

I agree in a majority of the cases once you've seen the commercials once they just aren't that funny after that.

However walter the cat is entertaing and viewable more than once. I wonder how many cats were used to film it. And how much was cgi.

I thought it was interesting. My brother-in-law and I saw one of those commercials for those tail gates when they first came. I was shaking my head at of the complexity and so many parts to break. My brother-in-law laughed and said wait till somebody decides to haul a load of gravel and gums up the works.