Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ads that have to make you laugh

bobthehobbyguy

Been seeing a lot of TV ads for this high end men's underwear. Besides a "pouch" they are offering a "Quick Draw" option on the front. Now I wasn't born yesterday, in fact it was some time ago in the last century. We had all these features in our BVD's and Fruit of the Looms  as I recall. The best are still the "Buck Naked" ones. Have you ever priced a pair of those ? You could buy a couple packages of the old Fruit of the Looms for that price. 

19 hours ago, espo said:

Been seeing a lot of TV ads for this high end men's underwear. Besides a "pouch" they are offering a "Quick Draw" option on the front. Now I wasn't born yesterday, in fact it was some time ago in the last century. We had all these features in our BVD's and Fruit of the Looms  as I recall. The best are still the "Buck Naked" ones. Have you ever priced a pair of those ? You could buy a couple packages of the old Fruit of the Looms for that price. 

Yep still buying the same old type underwear I've used for decades.

Whey spend big bucks, heck a lot of us will be back in diapers before long any how!LOL

2 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

Yep still buying the same old type underwear I've used for decades.

Whey spend big bucks, heck a lot of us will be back in diapers before long any how!LOL

Not ready for the Depends any time soon. My wife likes to joke that when I get to that point she'll put me in the garage over the drain and have me make car engine noises, Vroom Vroom. 

On 9/23/2021 at 3:26 PM, espo said:

The best thing to happen to underwear is color. I told my wife that’s as fancy as I need . When she ask me if I want some But naked underwear 🩲

I don’t much about too many ads that make me laugh that much.But i can tell you one commercial ad that I despise,That is the “CKD KIDNEY ALERT” one.Yea take a urine test to find very early signs of CKD😖Weeeeee..Omg,wasn’t there a forum on here some where about ads we hate,i thought there was.Idk.?

I have noticed some new TV ads for Air B&B and one in particular seems very funny to me. A family sets out for a get away and they load their cat into one of those cat carriers and the camera focuses on the cat and what the cats view would be from inside the carrier, We all know how well cats like to ride in cars, thus the carrier in order to protect you from the cat jumping all over inside the car when you're driving. As they arrive at the intended cabin in a rural setting the cat sees a glance of the cabin and it is a view that could almost look like someone with a chain saw might be along the path they are walking along. They arrive safely and it's very cozy inside and there is even a note and a small dish of Cat Kip waiting for them. Next scene the cat is flat on it's back spread eagle in the middle the floor not moving. The dialog is talking about the great personal experience staying at an Air B&B. 

1 hour ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

I had a really good laugh this morning.

One of the banners ads was for"belly button rings".

I had a great laugh. Love to know how google thought we would be buying them.

Hey, I've learned to keep an open mind and look at almost everything with "How could this be used in modeling?" ;):lol:

On 9/23/2021 at 12:20 PM, bobthehobbyguy said:

Had a real chuckle today. Top banner ad was for body armor. A relevant ad for those modelers challenged by exacto knifes. Waiting for ads for steel tipped shoes.

At least the steel toed shoes would be more useful in this hobby, there have been more than just a few times that I dropped an X-Acto ot body reamer for my R/C’s and had close calls with my feet!